Work

The next morning, Kagome found herself sprinting to work. Staying out so late with Sesshoumaru had caused her to sleep in, she wasn't even sure how late she was, because all her clocks were blinking twelve AM. The power had gone out some time while she was sleeping.

She ran into the building and threw the check-in clerk a hasty wave on her way to the elevator. Kagome started pushing the button frantically as she straightened her clothes, while the clerk stared at her as though she had grown a couple extra heads. Kagome changed her shoes in the elevator, and shoved her tennis shoes into her purse. She pulled a hair brush through her hair to try and tame it a little before the doors opened. When the elevator stopped, she ran for the door and burst into the office to see a wide eyed human Sesshoumaru, standing frozen with a cup of coffee half way to his mouth.

"I'm sorry I'm late, lord Sesshoumaru!" Kagome bowed and waited for him to say something as she prayed he wouldn't fire her. She listened to him sipping his coffee feeling as though she was waiting to be executed.

"You do realize you're thirty minutes early right?"

Kagome sweat dropped and felt her eye twitching.

"Either way, it's good to know that even when you're early, you feel late. Since you have arrived so early, you can begin sorting the mail. Anything business related needs to be brought to me and anything pertaining to social events and charities needs to be scheduled on the events calendar, which you will find on your computer screen. If another event is scheduled for that date or time such as a business meeting you are to call the client with my regrets at not being able to attend. Business always comes before social. If there is another social event scheduled you will bring it to my attention and I will delegate which event is most important to attend. Eventually, you will learn which events and clients are most important and you will no longer need to ask me. Phone calls work the same way. When one of our clients wish to make an appointment to meet with myself or one of our offices down stairs you will check the business calendar and click on that parson's calendar to schedule meetings during office hours. If something is already scheduled at their requested time you will politely tell them that time is taken and offer the next closest time slot on that day. Each morning you will find the papers that have been filled for each client that had a meeting the day before on the corner of your desk. It is your job to file these papers into the proper client's folder which you will find in the file cabinets behind your desk. You may have personal items on your desk as long as they are tasteful. You get an hour for lunch. The ladies room is down the hall when you need to use it you are to press this button on the phone. This will play a message for the client on hold telling them their call will be answered promptly."

Kagome listened carefully to every word Sesshoumaru said. This was her first job and she intended to give it 110%, since it would be her only way to pay for the things she needed.

"I think I have explained everything of importance. Anything else, you'll learn on the job. Any questions?"

 Kagome shook her head and smiled up at him. "Nope, I understand perfectly, Lord Shessoumaru."

Sesshoumaru gave her an approving smile before he turned away, and went to his own desk. "Very well, get to work, Ms. Higarashi."