Dark Moments

The rest of the week was spent in mostly the same way. Kagome arrived at work early each morning, Sesshoumaru would treat her nicely all day. Then he would drive her home, where Shippo would be waiting to ask her if she felt like getting that ice cream yet. And every day, as soon as Shippo came into the picture, Sesshoumaru's attitude would do a complete 180, and he'd be the same cold Sesshoumaru he was in the feudal era. After Sesshoumaru drove off in a huff, Kagome would have to spend an hour convincing Shippo that she was too tired to go out for ice cream. Altogether, it was a very tiring week.

It was Saturday, and Kagome was more than ready to finish her work and go home. Since she had to catch up on all the filing everyone put off until Friday, she was still putting away papers at 9pm. She hadn't even gone through the mail for the day yet because the stack of papers to file had been so high.

Sesshoumaru had also been there all day typing reports on his computer amongst whatever else he did on there all day. "Miko?"

Kagome had just put away the final paper when he called to her. "Yes, lord Sesshoumaru?"

"What events are supposed to take place next Tuesday night?" He asked as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

Kagome walked to her desk and clicked on the calendar, and opened the new mail while the screen loaded. There was a new invitation in the mail for a charity ball, and there was another charity event scheduled already. "Well, today, you received an invitation from a children's charity to a ball, but there's already a charity event lined up that day for a religious charity."

"Switch them. Children's charities always take priority over other types of charities."

Kagome nodded and typed in the changes. She scheduled the other events from the new mail before closing the window. When she looked up from her screen, she noticed that Sesshoumaru was staring out the window into space.

He looked as though he was a thousand miles away, at that moment. The frown on his face mixed with the dark chocolate color of his contacts made him look almost miserable.

Kagome turned away and tried to find something else to do, but she had finally finished all her work. She debated with herself for a few moments, before she hesitantly walked over to Sesshoumaru. "Sesshoumaru?"

His eyes snapped up to meet hers questioningly still looking rather sad.

"Are you alright?"

His expression turned to one of surprise at her question. "Of course I am alright, why would this Sesshoumaru not be alright?"

Kagome let a slow smile spread across her face, before she turned toward the door. "I suppose you're right. My work is finished if you're ready to go." Kagome grabbed her purse, and turned back toward Sesshoumaru, only to run into a solid body. She screamed before her mind could catch up with who she’d run into.

"You are a pain on ones ears. I am ready to leave. Since tomorrow is not a work day, would you like to go out to the park with me?" He asked softly as he searched her eyes.