The Unnecessary Interruption

A few days later, Anokhi is walking towards the college when she sees Mr. Shaan Sabharwal arguing with Shaurya about something. Anokhi didn't know that they were father and son as she had just joined the institute and was shocked by what she heard.

She heard Shaurya say, "Are you crazy? How stupid can the board of directors be? I am not going to do what you say. I never expected you to do this. It might be beneficial for the institute but -" He was about to say something when Anokhi interrupted him.

She furiously said, "how can you talk to an elder like that? Don't you have any manners? Apologise to him, come one".

Shaurya was angry as hell and Anokhi's unnecessary interruption had only added fuel to the fire. He took her by the arm, dragged her towards the corner of the college gate and warned her to stay away from him and his personal life. Look, he said "don't you dare try and cross your line. If you don't know the whole story, then stay away". His eyes were bloodshot red and Anokhi knew she might have done something really wrong this time.

She bowed down and quickly left. Shaan continued the conversation by saying that look son, I never wanted you to do this but we need the investment right now. Mr. Kapur would only invest if you marry their daughter. I am against it as well but I needed time to think of coming up with another idea so I agreed with the board just to buy us sometime.

But dad, argued Shaurya, how can I marry someone I don't even love? Like, why do the board of directors care so much about my personal life? I am not an object of sale.

Calm down son, argued Shaan, I am going to think of something else. Don't worry. I won't let you marry someone whom you have no feelings for. Your dad is still alive and well. I will think of something. You carry on with your classes.

Shaurya was about to come back to his normal mood when he saw Anokhi in the canteen and got furious again and remembered her interruption the day before. Anokhi saw him and tried not to make any eye contact. She hid behind Sakshi who was busy flirting with Armaan.

However, it was too late. Shaurya signalled her to meet him in his office. Shaurya was on his way but was caught up with a few of his students asking him for doubts.