"How can this be?"

Mew is the king of the underworld, living the eternal life of the dead, surrounded by sinners. Since birth Mew has seen the most disgusting nature of humans and loves his job to torture such souls. The screams of pain were music to his ears and the cry for help were his lullaby for sleep.

The sentence "Humans are disgusting" was his catch phrase known by the entire underworld. He woke up everyday just to see more of the sinned souls being punished. That is until one day....

"Sier! We have a problem!"

Said his most trusted advisor and assistant Mild.

Mild's job was handling all the documents of the deaths and all the sins and good deeds they did.

"What's wrong?"

Mew answers while sitting on his throne.

Everybody in the underworld was afraid of Mew except Mild. And only Mild was able to talk to Mew calmly while everybody else would pee their pants just by a single look from their lord.

"There is a young man named Gulf Kanawut who is supposed to die in 8 days."

"So?"

Mew says in an intimidating voice as in saying 'Are you really trying to waste my time for some filthy human?'

"Sier...He has no sin... "

"What?"

Mew asked as in to confirm if had heard it correct or not.

"He has no sin... "

"What do you mean by he has no sin?!"

Mew's voice got louder as he heard such a ridiculous statement.

"None. Zero. The boy has done no wrong deed Sier."

Mild stood his ground as he answered which only bewildered Mew even more.

"Let me see that book"

Mew demanded to see the book of life and death where all creatures' sins were calculated.

Mild handed the book to Mew casually and Mew took it without batting an eye.

This was sacrilege in the underworld as Mew was the king, everybody is bound to kneel in front of him before getting close, forget handing him anything. But Mild was the only one exception to rule. Mew and Mild were only a few centuries apart, so they kind of grew up together and became friends before Mew was crowned the new king. That is why Mild is the only one able to have a normal conversation with the king of the underworld.

Mew opened the book Mild handed him and quickly flipped to the lastest page where the upcoming deaths were noted. He searched for the name, Gulf Kanawut and found all the information.

Name: Gulf Kanawut

Age: 22

Reason of death: shot multiple times by goons who broke into his apartment