Day 7

*chirp* *chirp* 

"Hmmmm"

Mew was woken by the chirping of the birds and the delicious fragrance that wafted through the room.

"Hahhh"

He stretched his arms and got up from bed.

'When did I fall asleep?'

'I don't remember it'

Mew spotted the empty spot next to him

'Where did he go?'

and as if on cue he heard a small hum come from the kitchen. Mew turned around to spot Gulf cooking in the kitchen. He seemed to be frying something on the stove with his back facing Mew. Gulf’s body very slightly swayed as he hummed his melody.

Even though Mew had just woken up, the music and the nice smell of food was almost bringing sleep back to Mew.

*GROWL*

But his stomach seemed to think otherwise.

Hearing that loud roar, Gulf turned around and saw the awake Mew.

*chuckle*“So you are up?”

Mew’s face slightly flushed, embarrassed.

*cough* “Yes..”

“You must be hungry. Come here and eat”

Gulf said as he brought the food from the pan to the tiny table in the middle of the room.

The table had no chairs as it was meant to be sittin on the floor and eaten.

Mew left the bed and joined Gulf on the floor.

The aroma from the different dishes were salivating. Mew could hardly stop himself from drooling from just looking at the dishes.

“What are you waiting for? Dig in”

As if a dog waiting for their master's command Mew started eating the moment Gulf allowed him to.

Mew had not eaten anything since he had turned into a human. As a God Mew did not have to eat as they did not feel hunger but from time to time he would eat some offerings given to him in exchange for their life but those too seemed tasteless to him so this was a completely new experience to Mew.

Able to enjoy food like this, Mew could not even dream of it.

‘I didn’t know food could taste this good’

Mew thought as he gnawed down the egg and toast in front of him.

Gulf smiled as he stared at Mew gleefully gulping down his simple breakfast like a king's meal. 

“Here try this too”

Gulf said as he picked up an odd oval shaped thing and put it on Mew’s plate.

Mew stopped eating for a second as he questionly stared at Gulf and the so-called food in front of him.

As much as he didn’t trust this human and didn’t want to try this “food” his human stomach couldn’t control it and he bit into it.

As if struck by lightning Mew’s eyes lit up the moment the food hit his tongue. His taste buds rejoiced and he chomped down on this meat like food forgetting all his manners.

“What is this delicious thing?!”

Mew said as he kept chewing

“Do you like it?”

Gulf smiled brightly and asked.

Seeing his giant smile Mew paused his devouring and sat straight up, wiping his mouth clean as if he was just now not eating like a monster in front of this human.