Day 2 (part 1)

[Photos are important in this and the next couple of chapters so make sure you are not reading this offline.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*tweet* tweet*

The chirping of the birds woke Mew up from his slumber

"Good morning"

He was greeted by a cheerful smile the moment he opened his eyes.

Gulf's eyes shone as he sat on the floor beside Mew's head, looking gleefully at him. 

"Good morning to you too"

Mew greeted back, with a smile. But seeing Gulf's adorable face just inches away from him made him unable to hold back and he kissed him. 

Gulf, shocked, immediately backed away, his face turning a sweet shade of red and he turned away to hide it. 

Mew smirked at the sight and finally got his body off the bed. 

"So we don't have work today?"
Mew was washing up in the bathroom as he asked Gulf. 

"No. As you said that today we'll go on a date so I already called P'Boy to give me a day off"

Gulf was not in Mew's area of sight but just hearing his voice Mew knew how happy Gulf was today. 

"Then we should go as soon we finish breakfast"
Mew also decided to enjoy today and spoke merrily. 

"We have a big day ahead of us"

"Yep!"
Gulf answered cheerfully. 

*****************

"Do we have everything?"

"I think we do"
Gulf said as he grabbed his umbrella.

"Then let's go"

Mew and Gulf went out of the apartment, all ready for their first date. Both of them wore similar outfits as couples on Earth tended to do. Mew understood none of this sentiment 

'Why do humans want to look similar to their lovers? Do they wanna date their twin or something?'

But seeing Gulf's happy face made him not care and he merrily wore anything Gulf gave him. 

Gulf also wore a black jacket to lessen Mew's endless worry about him. 

"It rained yesterday and you'll wear just a shirt? No way!"

These were Mew's words as he saw Gulf's outfit. 

All this nagging, almost Mew seems not like a boyfriend but more like a dad…

Gulf complied and now they were both out, going towards their destination. 

But 

Before they could go, they needed to take care of something...

Mew held a box. Inside the box was Eli. Her body was cold and devoid of life. Gulf allowed Mew to hold it to which Mew agreed. They decided to bury her in the same place Gulf and Mew first saw her. In between the bushes by the sidewalk, on the way to P'Boy's restaurant.

Gulf placed her carefully in the hole he dug in the ground. After burying he clasped his hands together to pray and looked at Mew to do the same. 

'You want me to pray to myself?'

But he obliged and put his hands together in a prayer position. 

"Please take care of her. I hope her next life is better"
Gulf said with his eyes shut as if holding back the tears that dared to fall.