CH 10: This World Inverted

When I woke up, I saw that it was morning already, specifically 5 in the morning, and that I slept in the clothes I wore from yesterday. Not only that, but Alec was sitting at the foot of my bed. I furrowed my eyebrows as I sat up and shook his shoulder, making him look at me.

"Why are you in my room, Alec? Did you need something?" I asked. He sighed and nodded.

"Something happened last night." Then Alec stated to tell me everything that happened. From him taking Meliorn to his fight with Jace. After he told me, I gave him a hug.

"Jace doesn't hate you, Alec. Like you told me yesterday with Magnus, "He's just upset". Don't take it personally. Now, I'll meet you in a bit. I have to change." Alec nodded and left my room.

I took the covers off me, got up from my bed and grabbed some clothes I could wear. I then went to my bathroom and changed. After I did, I looked at my outfit.

Didn't really feel like overdressing, so I went with a casual and kinda boring look

I then looked in the mirror and cleaned my tear stained face before walking out of my bathroom, grabbing my phone and stele and walking out of my room.

I walked to Alec, who was in the main area near the computers, and stood next to him. Not even a second later, Lydia walked to us.

"I'm sorry." Was all she said before walking up to Izzy. "Isabelle Lightwood, by order of the Clave, you are under arrest for high treason." Alec and I then walked up to her.

"Wait what? On what grounds, Lydia?" I asked.

"Only a handful of people knew about the Meliorn op."

"And everyone knows she's sleeping with him" a random Shadowhunter said. I glared at him.

"I swear to god, one more word out of your mouth and I'll sew it closed." That made him shut up real quick.

Iz looked at Lydia. "You know what, Lydia? You're no better than Valentine. But at least he had the guts to tell Downworlders to their faces he wanted them all dead. You. . . hide behind the law." I silently cheered for Iz in my mind.

"I don't hide behind it, Isabelle. I simply follow it. Because it guards against one very important thing. Shadowhunters fighting other Shadowhunters."

"If she is convicted, she'll be stripped of her runes and banished. Tris and I can't let that-" Alec was cut off my Iz.

"Don't. It's not your fight." Iz was then escorted away while Alec and I walked away from Lydia.

~ALTERNATE UNIVERSE~

I was on my phone, texting my best friend Sophie about the party happening later today when I suddenly heard Izzy's voice.

"Is that new?" I looked up to see her talking to Clary. When did she get here?

Clary looked down at her necklace. "Yeah, I got it a couple of days ago."