CH 12: Mecho

I wake up the next morning feeling. . . empty. Which isn't a surprise considering I'm about to spend my life with someone I don't even want to spend my life with. But this is for Alec and to make sure that he doesn't suffer at the hands of mom and dad. He's already been through that long before me and Izzy were born.

I let out a sigh as I threw off the covers, got up from my bed and made my way to my bathroom, my clothing already picked out and waiting.

After I took a shower and changed into new clothing, I looked in the mirror.

Cute and casual

Cute and casual.

I walk out of my bathroom, grabbed all my stuff that I needed and walked out of my room.

I walked down the hallway of the Institute, looking for Lydia. I couldn't find her anywhere and walked to where I think Clary would be. Why? She might know here Lydia is.

I walked into a little area section where Clary mother's unconscious body is and see Clary and Luke. They both look at me as I entered.

"Um, sorry, but I'm looking for Lydia. I need to speak with her. Have either of you seen her? I don't mean to interrupt your-" Clary interrupted me.

"No, stay for a minute."

"I gotta get back to the station. Call me if anything changes?" Luke asked Clary. She nodded. Luke then walked away, leaving Clary and I. I walked up next to Clary who was right next to her mother.

I sigh as I look at Jocelyn. Yes, I know her name. Izzy told me. "So, how is she?"

Clary shrugged. "The same, I guess. Echo, I know you and I, and sometimes Alec, don't always see eye to eye on things. . . Actually, we never see eye to eye on anything, but I do want to thank you, and Isabelle and Alec, for everything you've done to get my mom back."

I sigh. "Actually I. . . I should thank you, Clary. Weird, I know, it's just. .  I don't know what would have happened to Izzy after the trial had happened if you hadn't returned the Cup to the Clave. You saved my sister, thank you."

"Yeah, my whole world, turned upside down, but, um, you and I thanking each other. . . that's. . . that's too much." We both chuckled. Suddenly, my phone buzzed. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and looked at the text that was sent to me to see that it was from Magnus.

"Magnus needs to speak with me." I put my phone back into my back pocket. "He might have some information about how to wake up your mother or. . . possibly stop Valentine. It's important." Clary nodded and I walked away, possibly about to face the man who probably hates me at the moment. . .

~MAGNUS' APARTMENT~

I walked into Magnus' apartment, not seeing him anywhere.

"Hello. . . Magnus? You texted me saying you needed to speak to me" I called out.