CH 8: Bad Blood

[EDITED]

As I walk in the main area, I see Clary and Jace talking while Iz was watching them. I go and stand by Iz on top of the stairs. Suddenly, Iz uses her snake bracelet and grabs the Cup from Clary's hand.

"There's nothing a Shadowhunter can't do in heals" Iz says as she walks down the stairs to Clary, me following. As Iz and Clary do whatever they do, I walk to Alec and Jace who are staring at a screen.

"You can stare at this monitor all you want, they need angel blood to get past the wards. You know that. No Downworlder can come into the Institute" Jace tells Alec.

"That's exactly what I'm worried about" I muttered.

"Not without an invite by a Shadowhunter" Iz added.

"Last I checked, Valentine is a Shadowhunter. The Cup is not safe here. We have to give it back to the Clave" Alec said as he turned around from the monitor and to the rest of us. Clary looks at him, wide-eyed.

"Give it back to the Clave? No. Not after everything we went through to get it" Clary told us.

"I agree with Alec" I said as I stood next to Alec.

"Shocker" Jace whispered to himself, but unfortunately, I heard.

"My brother is right. The Cup is important" Iz told Clary. Alec and I look at Iz, shocked.

"Are you agreeing with me?" Alec said as I said "Are you agree with Alec?"

Iz shrugs "I'm full of surprises."

"This Cup is the one chance I have to get my mom back" Clary interrupts.

"I agree with Clary-" I interrupt Jace.

"What a surprise" I sarcastically said. Jace glared as he continued.

"We can't give the Cup to the Clave, not now. We need it. It's our only bargaining chip."

Clary steps forward "Look, I know how powerful this Cup is. It has the power to create new Shadowhunters, control demons and even kill mundanes if they drank from it. But I promise you, I will not let that monster get his hands on it."

"There you go. You have her word" Jace said as he looked at Alec and I. We all don't say anything for a couple of minutes before Alec speaks.

"Follow me." He was about to walk off before I made a comment.

"Ooh! Didn't William Afton say that to about four kids on their birthday just for him to kill them and stuff them in suits? So does that mean that your William Afton in disguise?" They all looked at me like I was crazy. I just shrugged and looked at Alec. He shook his head and chuckled a bit before he walked off, Clary following him.

Iz and Jace went back to what they were doing while I was waiting for Alec. I saw him and Clary talk before he walked away. He grabbed my hand and walked away.

We were about to walk to our rooms before the alarm went off. We looked at each other before seeing that someone was outside the Institute.

"What the. . . huh?" Alec muttered. Jace and Iz walked and stood next to us.

"There's something outside the perimeter" Jace said.

"I told you-" Alec and I said at the same time before Jace cut us off.

"Don't say it."

"What's happening?" Clary asked.

"Looks like someone's trying to break in" Iz told her.

"Could be the Circle" Jace said as the four of us walk to the front of the Institute.

"Told you so" Alec told him.