𝑰: 𝑨𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒖𝒅𝒆 𝑻𝒆𝒔𝒕

𝑰: 𝑨𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒖𝒅𝒆 𝑻𝒆𝒔𝒕

𖣔☼᯽☼𖣔

Today I, Olivia Miller, will be going to do the Aptitude test along with my cousins', Beatrice and Caleb. The Aptitude Test determines which faction you spend the rest of your life in.

We're lucky to be in the city. They say that the war was terrible, that the rest of the world was destroyed. Our founders built the wall to keep us safe and they divided us into five groups, factions, to keep the peace. The smart ones, the ones who value knowledge and logic, are in Erudite, they know everything. Amity farm the land, they're all about kindness and harmony, always happy. Candor value honesty and order, they tell the truth, even when you wish they wouldn't. And then there's Dauntless, they're our protectors, our soldiers, our police. I always thought they were amazing. Brave, fearless and free. Some people think that Dauntless are crazy, which they kind of are. My faction is Abnegation, the others all call us stiffs. We lead a simple life, selfless, dedicated to helping others. We even feed the factionless, the ones who don't fit in anywhere. Because we're public servants, we're trusted to run the government. My Uncle Andrew works alongside our leader, Marcus. It all works, everyone knows where they belong. Except for me.

Beatrice's mother, Natalie, cut mine and Beatrice's hair and helped us put it in a nice bun. Beatrice and I looked at ourselves in the mirror.

I had long dark brown, almost black, hair. It reached just above my lower back and was slightly wavy. My eyes were a bright shade of sea green that complimented my hair and other features. My skin was a lightly tanned color. I had on a locket with a golden chain that held a picture of my mother and father.

I had never considered myself being one of those girls that you'd look at going down the street and think that they were beautiful.

Natalie broke the silence and spoke in a sweet tone, "Are you girls nervous?"

Beatrice and I shared a look, "Nope, Aunt Natalie. Were you?" Natalie smiled warmly. She had always been like my second mother. Her and Beatrice helped me probably the most after my parents passed.

"Mm-umm, no. I was terrified," Aunt Natalie responded. Beatrice and I smiled at her mother. "But I didn't have any reason to be and neither do you two," she added on.

Natalie kissed both mine and Beatrice's foreheads' and closed the mirror. Abnegation rarely ever looks in a mirror. They don't think that oneself should get caught up in their own appearance and instead help others.

"That's all you get. Rules are rules," Natalie told us after she had seen our smiles falter for a moment after closing the mirror.

Once she had left Beatrice and I climbed on the roof of the house and looked out at the city. "Do you think you're gonna get Abnegation on your test, Liv?" Beatrice asked me.