𝑰𝑰: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑪𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒚

𖣔☼᯽☼𖣔

The Choosing Ceremony takes place today. After I had fallen asleep last night I woke up only a few hours later. My brain was clouded in thoughts of what faction I should chose and how am I going to keep it a secret that I'm fucking Divergent.

Once everybody got up in the Prior household and got ready the five of us left to go to the ceremony. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was absolutely terrified of what was to come.

I tuned out most of the walk from the house to where the ceremony was taking place.

Bea and I were in the back behind Caleb, Natalie, and Andrew. When we were just about to sit down an Erudite woman came up to us. I recognized her as Jeanine Matthews.

"Morning, Jeanine," Andrew acknowledged the Erudite.

"Good morning, Andrew. How is Marcus holding up?" Jeanine taunted. What a bitch.

I noticed the tick in my Uncle's jaw, "As well as can be expected." I'm kind of disappointed he didn't say something better, but then again Abnegation is his faction.

"Mm. We need to find out who's behind those rumors," the Erudite taunted some more. Part of me actually wondered whether the rumors were true or not. Did Marcus mistreat his son? Sooner or later we'll probably find out.

Jeanine kept a smug look on her face throughout the conversation, "If it's someone from Erudite, I promise I'll find out who."

Witch Bitch then looked towards me, Bea, and Caleb. She looked back over to Natalie and Andrew, "These are your children."

"Not me," I pointed to myself.

Jeanine just nodded taking the new information in, "I didn't know they were in the choosing today," she turned her attention towards Caleb, "what's your name?"

"I'm..." the Prior boy hesitated, "I'm Caleb." They shook hands with one another before Caleb spoke again, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Jeanine Matthews," she introduced herself.

She looked expectantly at Beatrice, "And you two are?"

Instead of answering Beatrice and I just looked at her, so Caleb spoke instead, "This is Beatrice, and that is Olivia."

"Mm. You both have a big decision to make today. I'm sure Natalie and Andrew will support whatever choice you make," Jeanine told us.

"I thought it wasn't supposed to be a choice. The test should tell us what to do," Bea sort of snapped at the Erudite. I made a mental note to high-five her for talking back to Witch Bitch.

Jeanine had a sickly sweet smile, "You're still free to choose." That might have been the only piece of advice I might take from her.

"But you don't really want that, do you?" I asked, smiling innocently.