06 | First love

"Y/N! Wait up

"Y/N! Wait up..!"

Upon hearing the one and only Yuta Okkotsu's voice, Y/N immediately stops in her tracks. She turns around with a smile, eyes lighting up at the sight of the dark haired boy who waves at her.

"I thought you were with Toge? Isn't he, like, eating out with gumi and Maki?" Y/N ask once he catches up with her.

"Not hungry." He returns her smile, "Plus, i didn't want you going home alone."

Y/N feels her face heat up as Okkotsu holds her hand, his thumb rubbing the back of her palm.

"Yuta," She mutters, starting to get flustered, "C-Can we go now?"

Okkotsu hums, "Yeah.. We can."

The silence between the two of them isn't awkward nor is it comfortable-it was weird but neither had the heart to mention it. While the boy admired the afternoon glow of the sun that seemed to make everything look pretty, Y/N was having a hard time thinking straight.

'Tell him to stop.. Please..'

'This feels nice..'

'What about her..? I thought he..'

She doesn't want to have feelings for him. Atleast not right now. Y/N's heart aches as she feels the slightly cold ring on Okkotsu's finger touching her skin.

In a attempt to distract herself from her own thoughts, she lightly squeezes his hand.

"Yuta." She calls

"Yeah?"

"Do you believe in the saying.. First love never dies?"

Okkotsu goes silent as he began to think of an answer while Y/N lightly sways their hands together. If anyone were to see the two teenagers, then they'd assume the two were a couple.

"I guess." Is Okkotsu's answer, "Well, they're your first in everything. First kiss, first date, first time holding hands, first time being intimate.. The list goes on."

Y/N hums, as if telling Okkotsu to continue.

"They're the first ones to make you feel what true love is. They make you feel emotions you've never felt.. And thinking about it is just amazing."

"They show you how being in love is. In their own way, of course."

He spares Y/N a glance, smiling once her eyes met his. He then gives the girls hand a little squeeze, making the corner of her lips lift up into a smile.

"Say, Y/N." Okkotsu calls.

The girl them hums as a response.

"Whoever your first love is, cherish them. Make them feel the same amount of love they give you."