13 | Food & Love

"Fuck

"Fuck. I wanna go home."

"Just wait, Toge!"

The boy whines as a response to you, turning to Okkotsu to hopefully have someone back him up but unfortunately, the boy who he asked for help only shakes his head.

No one in the small group had any extracurriculars so once classes ends, they either go home, take a stroll somewhere, or crash at someone's house. Though all of that seems to have changed. Inumaki wonders why they're waiting outside the school gates.

His question is quickly answered when he spots a familiar face looking around.

"There she is. Emiko!"

"Yo!~ Thanks for waiting!"

'What! What's she doing here?!' surprised, Inumaki looks at Okkotsu before turning to Maki, as if silently asking if the two of them knew about Emiko joining in their walk home.

Okkotsu only shows him a smug smile. Maki shrugs. She didn't know, but unlike Inumaki, she really isn't bothered.

'It's nice to see a new face. I get sick looking at these three.' Maki thought, watching as Emiko headed towards their direction. There's a skip in her step-she seems to be excited.

"I hope none of you mind her coming with us." Y/N says.

"It's fine." Okkotsu says, "Shall we?"

As they began their walk, Y/N realizes Emiko got along with the three pretty quickly. It's a shame that the first years didn't come with them, but oh well, let them have their own bonding time together.

Y/N's the first one to start chatting with Emiko. Maki occasionally chimed in to add her two cents to the conversation, but eventually, the three ladies seem to be in their own world. That left Okkotsu and Inumaki walking a few steps behind them.

The boy with black hair nudges his friend, "You're gonna burn her with your eyes."

"Fuck you." Inumaki huffs, immediately looking away, "I'm still angry at you and Y/N. No one told me."

Okkotsu raises a brow. He glances at the girls in front of them- Emiko's fun to talk with. She has a way with her words. Maki's always tired after a long school day so it's quite rare seeing her talk so much. Even Y/N! She's still so full of energy.

Okay.. Okkotsu's also a little upset. Y/N's attention isn't on him like it usually is.

"Toge, you're such a child." he says, attention on his friend. Okkotsu doesn't comment when he sees the tips of Inumaki's ears burning red. As quickly as the smirk on his face appeared, he wipes it off his face when his friend turned to face him.

"I am not!"

That small outburst seems to have caught someone's attention.

"You're not what?" Emiko asks, glancing over her shoulder with a smile.