18 | Reassure

[ MARCH 8 ]

[ MARCH 8 ]

"Mfmhmf.. Five more minutes, please?"

"Yuta.. I love you, really, but i need to get up."

The man smiles, heart fluttering.

Okkotsu has his head resting on the chest belonging to his girlfriend of three years, Y/N. The woman brushes her hand through his hair, a smile on her face. He looks so tired, but that isn't anything out of the ordinary.

The two are now independent adults in their last year of university. They have rented out an apartment, have decent part-time jobs, and most importantly, they have eachother.

"Yuta." Y/N calls softly as it's still early in the morning, "What should we have for breakfast?" She ask.

The boy hums.

"Eggs." He replies, "I'm still full though.."

Y/N smiles, recalling the events of yesterday where they held Okkotsu's birthday at inumaki's old yet spacious home. It was fun; as classes don't start until april, the former first and second years were able to attend the party. Okkotsu planned to visit their old school and celebrate there. Everyone had fun.

There's no alcohol present, so don't worry, Itadori hasn't made a fool out of himself yet-if it wasn't for Fushiguro and Maki's warning, he might've snuck in a bottle or two. Choso would definitely not be happy about that..

Okkotsu suddenly speaks up.

"Thanks.. My birthday was the best." He says, "It's refreshing to see the group back together. It felt like we were all back in high school."

"Hehe, yeah.." Y/N says with a small laugh.

Okkotsu then lets out a sigh of relief as the woman brushes her fingers through his hair. He hugs her tighter, feeling her warmth. He would never want to let go.

"I sometimes wonder why.." He starts, ".. Why you're still sticking by my side."

Y/N keeps quiet, knowing that he still has more to say. She continues to play with his hair while he cuddled close to her.

"You support my decisions, you don't hesitate to correct me when i'm wrong, and you always offer to comfort me when i'm feeling down."

He adds,

"Courting you is the best decision my younger self has ever made, and i will never regret going down on one knee just to tell you i like you."

Y/N smiles, cheeks heating up. Her heart races at the thought that he had remembered what he did the day he confessed.

"You're such an idiot." she says, "Though.. Thank you for not wanting to rush things back at high school. You have dreams you wanted to reach.. I have my own.."

He chuckles.

"Patience, Y/N. I was always willing to wait."

Y/N felt giddy. What did she do to deserve him and his love?

"One more thing.. How do you think things would've turned out?" The man then suddenly ask. He raises his head to look at Y/N.

"If?" She ask,

"If we didn't work out.."

He continues, once again burying his head back to her chest. He waits for a reply, knowing that she'll need to process what he said.

"Well.." Y/N brushes her fingers through his hair once again, "I'll probably be drowning myself with work and more work. I might've moved in with Maki, but meh. Who knows."

"However.."

She adds, "You're here with me. We worked out." Y/N then calls for Okkotsu, asking him to look at her as she talks.

"You've always been with me. All my ups and downs, all our fights and disagreements, and even after you saw me hit my lowest.. You never left." She smiles, making Okkotsu mirror her actions.

Oh gosh.. What is this woman doing to him? It's still very early in the morning for his heart to be beating so fast.

Okkotsu leans in to place a kiss on her cheek before going back to his position. He clings to Y/N once again, head resting on her. He's careful not to place all his weight on her.

Y/N resumes with brushing his hair.

"Thank you, Yuta." She says, "For being extra patient with me.." The girl giggles.

Okkotsu chuckles, slightly tightening the hug. His heart felt so full, and although he knows that Y/N would never even think of leaving his side, he's glad that up until now she still gave him all the reassurance he needed.

She is enough, and Okkotsu's glad he deserved to be with someone like her.

"Yeah, of course. Anything for you.."

"..Ore no kanojo."