one hundred six

i wake up and slet out a breath, feeling more well rested than i have in a while. i turn to look at the clock, ten-thirty, fuck i need to make breakfast. kai and cam don't know shit about cooking.

i quickly get up and throw some shorts on before practically running down the stairs, only to be met with the smell of breakfast cooking. i walk into the kitchen to see draco cooking, a smile on his face. "draco" i laugh and he turns to look at me, "morning" he smiles.

"are you making breakfast" i ask and he nods "yeah, of course. i wanted you to sleep in" he shrugs, turning back to look at the pan on the stove. "are you making bacon? i didn't even have bacon" i say and he laughs. "i went to get groceries. stocked up for at least a month, i also took the pictures down, i didn't hang any up because i didn't know what you wanted, but now i'm making breakfast" he says and i feel like i could cry.

he did everything i was going to do, he really took care of it.

"where are kai and cam" i ask and he laughs "kai is in the library, cam is still in his room" he shrugs and i sigh. "thank you, draco" i smile as i walk over to him.

his sleeves are pulled up, displaying the mark on his arm, covered in scratches and scars. "draco" i run my hand over the mark and he winces, pulling his arm back. he hates it. he's tried getting it off. this whole time i've been so worried about what he did to me, i haven't even thought about what he went through.

"it um, it just burns most of the time" he says, pulling his sleeves down. i sigh as i wrap my arms around his waist from behind him, like he does to me.

he laughs as he lets out a breath "breakfast is ready" he says and i pull away as i start to pull plates down. "breakfast" i yell so that the other two will come get food. kai walks out of the library and cam walks down the stairs slowly, still moping that i let draco stay.

i set the plates out on the table and kai looks at me "i want us all to sit together for this morning, i have a few things to say" i say and he nods, taking a seat. i feel like a mother to two boys that are the same age as me. but i'm not complaining.

cam sits down and i take the pan from draco, "sit" i say and he laughs as he obeys. i give everyone some breakfast, including myself, and i sit down. "so um, i know we're all wondering what is going on at hogwarts right now and we're all curious about how it's running. so i'm planning on going in just until they end the year in two days. i just want to know what's going on" i say and every one looks at me.

"you can't do that, elizabeth, are you crazy? it's a hell hole in there. i can tell you what's going on, with everything. my family knows everything" draco says and i shake my head "your family knows what voldemort wants them to know. i want to see how the students are doing, how everything is running. besides, it's only for a day and then i'll be right back here" i say and he shakes his head "no"

i sigh as i look at kai "what do you think" i ask and he sighs. "i don't want to lose another friend, but if you want to go, go" he says and i smile "thank you"

i look at cam and he shrugs "if you go then you're leaving draco here with us. don't you think he'll kill us too" he says, glaring at draco. draco sighs and i let out a breath "cam, please don't do this. we don't need to do this" i shake my head. "what? don't tell the truth? he might not have killed them himself, but he let it happen, he opened the doors for them" cam's voice raises and i sigh. "cam, please, not right now" i can feel my heart speeding up, knowing that this isn't going like i wanted it to.

"he fucking killed them and you're letting him back into your life like he didn't do shit. months ago you hated him, he broke you down, liz, and now he's here" he yells and draco lets out a breaht as he shakes his head "i didn't do shit to you. you think i wanted to let them in? how evil do you think i actually am" draco snaps back and i shake my head.

i listen to the two bicker back and forth, my heart speeding up, my hands shaking. this is never going to work. i knew this was a bad idea. letting draco back in. letting them all stay with me. my stomach turns as i close my eyes, trying to silence the fight, but when i do, the image of esmeray and caleb pops in my head. oh god.

i quickly get up and run to the bathroom, letting out the small amount of breakfast i had eaten. i sigh as i lean back against the wall, how is this ever going to work? draco working with death eaters, the same death eaters that killed esmeray and caleb, but he doesn't want to work with him, but cam won't realize that.

"elizabeth, are you okay" draco's voice makes me open my eyes. "i'm fine. i'm not going to the school, it was a stupid idea" i shake my head and he sighs "cam left" he says and i look up at him. "what?" cam can't leave. he's not safe. he's not in the right mind.

"he said he shouldn't have come here in the first place, and walked out. i'm sorry, elizabeth. i'll leave if you want me to" he says and i shake my head. "no. i need you here. please. he'll be okay. he knows how to take care of himself" i say and he nods.

"i do have to go back to the manor for a little bit, take care of some things, and then i'll be right back. as long as you're okay" he says and i nod "i just wasn't feeling well" i say. "i'll see you later" i sigh and he nods as he walks out of the bathroom.

i sigh as i lean my head against the wall. cam's gone. but that's okay. we'll be okay.