epilogue

3 years later
"elizabeth, love, i'm home" draco calls out as he walks through the front door. i smile as i put down the book i'm reading and walk out of the library.

he wraps his arms around me and kisses me, "how are today, mrs. malfoy" he pulls away. we've been married for six months and he still can't stop calling me that.

most people would think we were too young but draco didn't want to wait anymore. he said that everything had gotten better and he promised to marry me once it did. so, the two of us planned a beautiful wedding.

i was surprised at how much draco helped. i've never heard of a twenty two year old man wanting to help plan a wedding, but he was really into it.

"i'm good except for the fact i can hardly read. my hand was shaking really bad today" i sigh and he looks at me, three hears and this hand shake won't go away. some days its a slight shake. some days it makes me look crazy. and it's a constant reminder of what happened. but thats okay, because i'm okay now.

"does it hurt" he asks, looking down at my hand, now with a wedding ring where the promise ring was.

"no, just shaking" i say and he smiles. "good" he kisses my forehead and walks into the kitchen.

"knock knock" someone says from at the door, draco looks at me, "were you expecting someone?" i laugh as i stand up "did you forget about the dinner" i ask and he laughs as he nods.

"come in" i yell but i really didn't need to. because at the door of the kitchen stands pansy and cam, hand in hand.

when they first got together i was surprised, but after a while i saw how well they worked together. they really are perfect for each other.

"hey guys, come in, sit down wherever you want" i say and pansy smiles. "first, let me check out this bling. i hate that i was away when you got married. you couldn't have waited" she says and i laugh as i stand up and show her my ring.

she holds my hand to stop the shaking and admires the jewelry. "cam, are you seeing this, take notes" she says and he laughs as he rolls his eyes.

"alright, we can sit now" pansy laughs and she sits down at the table. cam does the same.

a little while after the war, cam reached out to me, asking if i was okay. he apologized for walking out and said that he forgave draco. now they're like best friends.

draco sets out all the plates as i sit down in front of pansy.

"gosh i've always loved this house. it's beautiful. and it looks small from the outside, but it's actually huge" pansy gapes and i laugh "it's because there are no stairs. we felt like if there were stairs, we'd be living in two different places and we always said we wanted a big house but not too big" i explain and she nods.

draco sets out the food that i had mad earlier and smiles as he sits down. "thank you for the food, elizabeth, it looks great" he looks at me and i smile "you're welcome"

we all start to make our plate and start up random conversation. we're all happy.

i can't even believe that years ago i couldn't get out the bed because of how broken i was. i felt that i had lost everyone. but draco stuck with me, the entire time. he never left my side until i got better.

once i got better, he started helping with the rebuild of hogwarts. so many things got destroyed in the war, and he wanted to help fix it. and we lived with his parents for a while, until finally we found the perfect house and moved out.

while we loved into the new house, he stayed home everyday to help me.

once we got moved in everything seemed perfect. we were happy. we hardly ever fought. we were in love. and we still our.

and it's not young, teenage love, it's adult love. we're both addicted to each other. we're both utterly obsessed with the other. we help each other. and we're always there when the other one needs it. like when he has his nightmares or thinks that the mark is burning again, i'm there. and when my hand starts to shake so much it starts hurting or when i can't get out of bed because i'm consumed by a sadness, he's there.

so everything's perfect now. i live in a big house that's not too big, that had a giant library. in that house is the love of my life, who will always protect me even if i don't need him too. and even though i can't have children, i have a family. because, as ironic as it is, pansy and cam have stuck around the longest.

and i like to think that kai and esmeray are together, wherever they are. and that caleb is cheering them on. and that my mother can sleep peacefully now. and that my father is rotting in hell. simple as that.

so we're okay. we're perfect. he's my person and i'm his. forever.