I Missed You

Two months.

That's how long it had been since John's suspension and with each passing day, Seraphina had grown to miss and worry about the ravenette more and more.

The magenta-haired girl was currently sitting at a desk inside the Safe House, sunlight streaming through the windows and dappling her slouched form in patches of radiant light as she rested her cheek on the palm of her hand with her elbow resting on the desk to prop herself up.

Her blue gaze held a faraway look to it as memories of John swirled throughout her mind along with the constant questions her mind had come up with as the days of John's absence continued to pass.

Where was he right now?

Was he getting better?

What if he was getting worse?

Was his dad helping him?

Was he thinking about her as much as she was him?

What if he needed her?

How much longer would he be gone?

What if he never came back?

Seraphina squeezed her eyes shut from where her head was turned to stare out the window, a frown growing apparent on her face. She couldn't bear the thought of never seeing the teen, who had grown to be the most important person in her life, ever again.

But he had to return at some point, right? According to Doc, John had an indefinite suspension, so it wasn't like he was expelled. He would have to at least come back and pick up the rest of his stuff from his dorm if he decided he never wanted to return.

The young female sighed, opening her eyes slightly as memories of what Doc had told her that day in the infirmary started replaying in her mind like they did everyday.

She had just woken up in the infirmary and had groggily sat up in the bed she was laying in while blinking the blurriness out of her eyes and momentarily wondering where she was.

"Ah, I see you're finally awake." Seraphina turned her head slightly to the left to be met with the familiar grumpy expression of the school nurse. "I heard your abilities had returned. You must've collapsed because your body wasn't used to them after they had been gone for so long."

Seraphina just stared at him blankly, processing the memories of what had led her to be where she was, before her eyes widened slightly and she quickly glanced around her surroundings.

"Where's John?" The girl asked, worry and concern very evident in her tone as she turned her gaze back to Darren, whose yellow eyes slightly widened at her question.

The man stared at her for a few seconds before letting out an audible sigh and briefly closing his eyes before he took a couple steps closer to her.

The pit in Seraphina's stomach only grew at his response as even more worry continued to wash over her in waves.

"Where is he?" She asked again, gripping the soft blue blanket that was on the bed in her hands. "I-"

"He's gone." Darren interrupted her, only to realize he probably should have worded his response better as he watched Seraphina's face darken and panic alight within the depths of her blue eyes.

"What do you mean by that?! Where is he?! What happened to him?! Where is my John?!" The magenta-haired female cut herself off from her flurry of questions as she bit her bottom lip and turned her gaze to stare down at her lap.

She didn't really know why or when she had started thinking of John the way she did, but she supposed the recent events of the past few weeks, and today, had brought forth feelings that she didn't entirely know were there for the young male.