Chapter 8

It's been three weeks. Ni hindi namalayan ni Moira na ganoon na pala katagal ang panahong lumipas since she started working as Vince's assistant. Medyo nasasanay na rin siyang kasabay ito pagla-lunch. Madalas mag-ayang kumain sina Vico at Red. And it's always lunch time dahil maagang umuwi ang dalawa.

During dinner, Vince would usually order food or he would not eat at all. Siya naman ay inaagahan ang pagbili ng pagkain, so when he asks, she could decline.

She would also ask Joem ahead of time, kung mali-late siya ng uwi, para sunduin siya. She doesn't want to be in the same car with Vince, although it can't be helped kapag bumibisita sila sa ibang sites.

Vince will be going away for a business trip the following week. Tatlong araw din itong mawawala. She hates to admit that just thinking about it makes her miss him. Why, after all this years, does she feel that way? It baffles her sometimes, how she can't really let go of her what ifs and could have beens and just focus on what's in front of her, the reality that she couldn't avoid.

And it seems like he's not making it easy for her. Later that day, she was called to the lobby because of a package. Nang makarating siya roon ay nakita niyang bulaklak ang package na idineliver. So she brought it back to her cubicle and just like she assumed, there's an email from him, asking if she received something.

Not wanting to make the same mistake twice, agad siyang pumunta sa office nito para ihatid ang mga bulaklak para sa date nito. She double checked the sked on her calendar but it didn't have anything on it. Inisip na lamang niya na para ito sa huli nitong naka-date, whatever her name is.

"Here are the flowers you ordered," she told him.

Nakayuko ito. He's writing down something. He didn't acknowledge her presence.

"I'll just put it on the table."

"Put it on your table. That's for you."

Napamaang siya. Did she hear it right? Did he just say what he said? Bigla siyang nalito. What are the flowers for? She already told everyone that she has a boyfriend.

"Why?" was all she could ask.

"It's an apology bouquet," he answered, still not looking up.

She didn't know what to say. Hindi niya alam kung bakit ito nag-a-apologize. He did nothing wrong, at least not today. If he's wronged her before, that was weeks ago. Why apologize now?

"T-Thanks, I guess," mahina niyang sabi.

"Moira."

Napatigil siya sa pagpihit sa doorknob nang marinig niya ang boses nito.

"Yes?"

"It's getting late. You should go home."

"Okay."

Pagkalabas niya ng office nito, she took the vase from Rose's table, put the flowers there and left them on her cubicle. She doesn't want to bring those, home.

--

 Vince knows he's doomed. He's been keeping himself in line for the last three weeks. He tried his best not to bother Moira or take the most of her time, but the thought of her going home to her boyfriend drives him crazy.

He wanted to make her smile. Gusto niyang bumawi sa pagpapahiya niya rito dati. So he felt like giving her a bouquet and this time, it's for a random reason. He just wants to give her flowers.

But she asked why and he was forced to make up an excuse. Since gusto naman talaga niyang mag-sorry, iyon na lamang ang sinabi niyang dahilan.

Moira left the flowers in the office. It's probably because she doesn't want her boyfriend to get jealous, which made him jealous. He's been asking himself what this guy could possibly have that he was able to replace him in Moira's heart. Pero alam na niya ang sagot. He just doesn't want to accept it.