Heather - OS (?)

___________________________________________________________________________

Lol I wrote this sad oneshot while listening to Heather by Conan Gray on loop at midnight haha, I'd recommend listening to it while reading this, as there are heavy references! It's a great song, but I can't listen to music and write at the same time so I apologize in advance for any errors. Also, Nine_Kinnie noticed me omg their books are great   •///• aaaaaaaaaa

Mom, I think I'm famous nowwwww

___________________________________________________________________________

He loves her.

Not you.

You could tell, he was in love with her, even if he didn't know it himself. The way he smiled as she looked at him, the way he would make excuses to loop his arm around her shoulder, the way he reacted whenever she held his hand; it was obvious.

Girlfriend and Boyfriend had realized they developed feelings for others, Boyfriend falling for Pico while Girlfriend left her romantic interest unnamed, despite you knowing who it was. But they still continued their relationship, still being too attached to each other to ever break up, and thus, a love triangle was created.

Actually,,,

Perhaps it was a love square.

Yes, that seemed all the more accurate. Girlfriend and Whitty clearly shared mutual affection, even though neither of them would admit to it.

It wasn't fair.

Although you were fully aware as to how unfair the world was, this felt the most unbearable out of all the things you've experienced before. Having to grin and bear it as they hug so as not to arouse suspicion, having to watch as he wraps his arms around her as you grow cold, being forced to bite your tongue while walking alone with him through his favorite alleys, desperately longing to confess, though refraining from doing so in knowing that you'll be met by the cruel knife of a one sided affair.

And it hurt. It hurt to know that he would be laughing with her while you were blending in with the background as the group continued forward. It hurt to sit next to him during group outings, only being able to watch as her appeal steals away his gaze, ripping it mercilessly away from you. It hurt to know that every time he sent you a smile, he did the very same thing for her more than doubly that amount.

You could recall oh so many times that brought forth such a strong onslaught of negative emotions, though one specific instance you'd never forget had been the third of December, just a few months ago.

It was a late night, the gang having decided to go their separate ways before meeting back up at the skate park, where they would regather and head off to a restaurant together. Pico, Girlfriend and Boyfriend had ventured off to start some rap battles with any and all strangers they came across, though that hadn't been up to your speed. Instead you and Whitty had simply waited together at the park, alone together.

You had been sitting together, perched at the top of the half pipe, the moon shining down from above and coating everything in a faint periwinkle glow. You had made him smile so many times that night, telling humorous stories and jokes just to see that gorgeous grin of his. He, of all people, deserved happiness, he'd been through so much. You couldn't help but wish the best for him.

You had pulled your legs up to your chest, your arms wrapped tightly around them as you attempted to hold onto the little heat you had accumulated, the little heat that hadn't been stolen away from you by the chilly winds.