3

"Get your way out in an alley and push her to a wall or something. It's not like you've never done that to her before, and you know how effective that method is."

The words Hana spoke yesterday still lingers in his head, making it somewhat challenging to focus on classes. Her remarks contain truths he wished to be false only because that confidence was driven by their young and dumb phase.

Just as Hana said, Y/N's aggressive behaviour when confronting someone is not something new to the scene. Countless times Chaewon had done bratty and questionable acts, which pushed Y/N to face her himself. But on the side, that doesn't mean Y/N had never done anything alike. The two have always been troublemakers who helped each other from time to time.

The action of pushing her against the wall seemed trivial simply because of how often it happened in the past, but the second time he thought about it raced his heart. To him, it wouldn't make much sense to fall for Chaewon and no matter how much he has been thinking about it for years. He just couldn't find a reason for him to come down into a romantic relationship with her.

But Chaewon is still a woman in his eyes.

'Pushing her to the wall...'

He repeated in his head.

He took a sip of water from his bottle while wiping the thin sweat off his cheeks under the heat of the day. Sitting next to the broad glass panes was a mistake during one blazing summer day. He clicked his tongue at the last sip before closing the cap, swearing that he will choose a different spot tomorrow.

That is when two familiar faces walked by his class just as he was about to put his bottle back into his bag.

'Chaewon and... Eunbi?'

The face of the other girl, who was shadowed by Chaewon's face, was somewhat difficult to catch. He only assumed that it's Kwon Eunbi from the height. Also, considering that Chaewon never had any other girl to hang out with other than her beloved upperclasswoman. But when Chaewon's face turned dejected, his heart started to feel uneasy.

'5 more minutes...'

He stared at the clock nervously, waiting for the professor to get over with the class. The last glimpse of Chaewon's hair was enough to tell him where the couple is heading. He knows what he needs to do and say to her this time.

The two are far from his class by now, but still within the campus ground for sure. He thumped his feet on the ground while repeatedly checking his watch.

As soon as the bell rang, he raised from his seat and slammed the table, raising unwelcomed attention from the whole class.

"Do you need something, Mr Hwang?" The professor asked sardonically. He knew it's home time for the rest, but Y/N's unknown urgency was a disrespectful act. He wished he could let it slide.

"I need to go to the bathroom." Y/N urged.

Luckily, because of his uneasy and agitated gestures, the lecturer allowed him to pass through the door just this once.

'I need to find her.'

Along his way to find Chaewon and Eunbi, he noticed a familiar girl passed by with her head kept low, and it reminded him of the necklace that is now wrapped around his neck. Nonetheless, he had an urgency more significant than the necklace owner.

While he takes his time to rush to find the two girls, his target is already deep in a conversation with Eunbi.

"So, how are you doing with Y/N now?" Eunbi asked while observing her newly manicured nails.