5

"Are you still looking for something?"

"Who are you?" The girl tapped the invisible dust off her skirt and looked up to meet his eyes. Her stare was merciless, but a hint of swollen rose around the corner of her eyes was clear to tell she must have torn a lot.

"So... Uhm... This might sound weird, and I'm not a stalker or anything, but this is the third time I saw you looking for something on this street."

"Even if I am looking for something, it's none of your business, sir." She scoffed.

The cold night borrows body heat as if it were a cup of sugar, yet comes the fluorescent yellow light from the stout pole that seems to warm the air. Y/N raised his head to the black sky, expecting snow to fall, then remembered it's August. Even though the girl was covered in a thick cardigan, she still couldn't contain the freezing air as she rubs her arms together. The common gesture was for Y/N to wrap her in his jacket, but it's not available.

 The common gesture was for Y/N to wrap her in his jacket, but it's not available

'Why is it so damn cold... It's still August... It's Ssamu time..."

He lowered his vision to find the shorter's face, a face plastered with doubts and cold as he noticed her lips shivered.

"C-could you leave n-now...?" She stuttered while containing the urge to sneeze.

Y/N looked around to find an open shop nearby. Luckily, just around the corner of the street, there was a small coffee shop - no more than two square metres large. He pointed at the shop as he looks at the pitiful girl.

"Should we go there to warm up first?"

"Sir, please just go. I'm not cold at a... A-"

"A?"

"ACHOOOOO!!!"

Taken aback by her sudden sneeze, he immediately pulled out a handkerchief and handed it to her. While she dirtied the handkerchief, Y/N asked again if she would come and sit down at the warm coffee shop before continuing whatever she was doing.

"Fine..." She moaned.

Y/N gestured a hand, letting the girl walk first, then he followed beside her. He stole glances at her face.

Her complexion was of champagne rose in the early light, her cheeks rosier still. Her delicate nose, so pretty under the street lamps, spoke of her ancestors who were blessed with mesmerising visuals. Though it was dark and freezing, her hazel eyes were radiating a brown sun-warmed with inner gold. If he took the time to sit and watch her pupils, he sure would be lost with no return. All of these beauties of a woman, and he realised,

'How can one be so pretty and unbothered by the crowd...'

Once they reached the shop, the clerk welcomed them with a heartwarming "good evening" before asking for their order. Y/N motioned a hand on the stool, signalling the girl to take her seat before he does. No words were exchanged for a moment, earning suspicious eyes from the clerk who was busy brewing some coffee.