4

He looks at her with scowling eyebrows, "Are you for real...?" He responded, fishing for further comments.

"I'm serious," she replied, unflinching by his glares that could push the piss of even the most courageous man's bladder. She then gently prodded his chest, pointedly telling him to put some distance between their faces. Y/N leaned back and gave her some space to breathe while she tapped the dust off her skirt and shirt.

He leaned his back against the wall beside, staring at the blank ceiling with hands inside his pants pockets. "Why twelve?"

"I like twelve." She smirked.

"No, you don't. Your favourite is one."

"How did you know?"

"What do I not know about you?"

"Dummy..." She hid her blush.

"Seriously, why twelve. That's way too many even for a fuckboy to take." He repeated in a stern voice.

Chaewon tended her head on his shoulder while pointing at the wall clock in front of them. "It's the number of months in a year, dummy. We are in our third year now, next year we'll be too busy to mind any of these problems. I can't be there for you like I always do."

Orange light cascaded on their faces, blurring the hint of blush on Chaewon's face. Chaewon hovered her palm over her face, shading just her eyes from the sunlight.

"Now that it's August, you have a year to prove that you're a reliable man before we enter our fourth year."

"Is there no other way?"

"If you know me that much, you wouldn't even ask." She quipped.

"I had my hopes, I guess..."

"So?" She looked up to find his face.

As if the time has stopped, motionless as they gazed at each other's eyes. Chaewon's eyes were glittering with hope for a better side of Y/N despite her bizarre proposal. Pink and red over their cheeks, the longer they stand, the darker the sky gets, and the autumn wind slowly chases their warm bodies.

The orange turned navy. Chaewon's lips started to shiver, and so did her knees. He took a step closer to her and swung his jacket around her back, and placed it over her shoulder - keeping the delicate figure warm. Faces an inch away, they could taste the mint in their breaths - their favourite flavour. And they're still standing.

"What do you say?" Chaewon chuckled as if the answer was clear.

He took a deep breath, readying himself for the most courteous reply.

"No."

The pitiful girl's eyes widened, batting wrathful eyes at him as he shook his head briskly. Uninterested by her offer, he squeezed her cheek with his right hand before using it to wave goodbye.

"I'm not interested in trapping twelve girls into a false love and risk ruining my reputation just so I can get you back." He reprimanded the girl behind him.

"Fine!" She shouted. "I won't come back. Don't even expect me to even read your messages or pick up your calls anymore!" Earsplitting screams and thuds from her foot stomping on the floor didn't catch his attention the slightest. He could only wonder why she's more bothered about him not taking the offer than he who needs her in his life.

So he left the girl by herself, with his jacket.

Upon reaching the parking lot, he whipped his key from his pocket and started the car. Just around the corner of his eyes, he noticed the car timer displaying six o'clock. He thought it would be a great time to visit Hana and the kids before dinner, so he drove off to his regular fried chicken store and bought two large packs of his usual.