Chapter 25

Harper's POV

We were sitting in the park, not saying much. I was still angry at the angel and demon for not telling me about whatever was obviously going on. As I was left to my own thoughts, I saw a group of people pushing through the crowds. They were wearing white suits and looked somewhat familiar. I kept glancing over to the crowd, trying to recognise them. One man had slick back brown hair and the most strangely, horribly hypnotic eyes. Suddenly it hit me.

Shit, why him? 

"Don't look but  Gabriel and the angels ate here?!" I asked Crowley and Aziraphale, very alarmed. Last time we met Gabriel was at the Tadfield Air Base, and that didn't exactly end well.

The angel and demon quickly turned their heads around and looked at me with an expression just as shocked as mine.

"W-why are they here?" Crowley asked, standing up abruptly from the bench.

"I don't know." I replied.

"We need to go, now." Aziraphale  said sternly as we got up and walked quickly through the park, trying to avoid eye contact with the angels. We walked as fast as we could and eventually reached the gate. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"They're gone." I said simply, smiling at Crowley.

But one look over my shoulder and I knew I was wrong.

My brown eyes met with Gabriel's piercing purple ones and he gave me his perfect, but incredibly disturbing smile.

"Crowley, Aziraphale and the human, Harper." He said, "I believe this is the end to your little game." He sneered.

One of the other angels wrapped a hand around Aziraphale's mouth as he struggled against him.

"The traitor angel is coming with us." The principality said in a monotone voice. Despite trying to break free, Aziraphale was taken away by the angels, the white-coated group leaving the park. Gabriel gave me one last sickening smile before leaving with the others, taking Aziraphale away with him.

Crowley and I barely had time to breath before we were visited by another group of unwanted guests.

The demons.

Lord Beelzebub rose from the ground, flanked by the other disgusting creatures from Hell. "Ah Crowley." They said in their usually bored tone. "You are coming with us."

The demon moved forward to grab Crowley but suddenly stopped and started staring at me. "Oh, if it isn't the human we have all heard so much about." Beelzebub said, not breaking the eye contact. "The very girl who stole Crowley's heart?" They continued in a patronising and mocking voice, making fun of me as if I had done the most stupid thing. I was so insulted that I didn't think about what they had actually said. "Well, we can't have her knowing the secrets of Hell, can we?" The Lord said with a horrific laugh.

Crowley suddenly looked over to me, his eyes wide.

"Aro," Beelzebub motioned to one of the horrible demons beside him.

Aro had pale white skin and hair as black as his heart. His eyes weren't a bright shade of gold like Crowley's, they were blood red and evil. He looked almost vampiric.

"Do what you do best." Beelzebub instructed cruelly.

Aro nodded silently in a horrible way and edged towards me, his red eyes glinting in the sunlight as his long black hair fell down onto his shoulders.

"Harper," he whispered eerily, "you should've known better than to make allegiances with a demon." He smiled disgustingly at me. But before I could say anything, my head was filled with a sharp and brutal pain. It gnawed at my skill, like a bullet in my brain. I screamed in pain. My legs collapsed and I fell to the ground. The pain was so overwhelming that I felt my eyelids droop down, consciousness slowly fading away. The last thing I remember was seeing Crowley similarly being hit, fear in his yellow eyes. Within the next second, darkness completely clouded my vision and I fell out of consciousness, all the pain slowly receding.

—————

When I finally came to, I didn't know where I was. Or where anyone was for that matter. I looked around for Crowley but I couldn't see him anywhere in the dim light. 

I didn't even know if I was still alive.

My eyes eventually focussed and I saw a huge dark chamber that looked like it had been made out of stone. The room, completely deprived of light apart from one small candle, was freezing cold and I shivered. 

"Hello?" I called out but I immediately regretted it, giving away where I was.

I looked around the room trying to find some indication to where on Earth I was. Suddenly, I heard voices echoing down the corridor.

"This is the trial of the demon Crowley."

The icy voice sent another chill through my veins as I gasped in realisation.

I was in Hell. Like actually in Hell. I was literally standing in the most unholy place ever to exist.

And the person who I cared about the most was being tried with a punishment of death.

Fucking hell.

---------------------------------------------------------

hey everyone, how are u all? ty for reading and voting, i can't believe that this book was #1 - good omens !!! That is crazy!!!

as u have probably picked up on, i changed quite a few things from the show in this chapter so that Harper would fit in to the story a bit better. hopefully you still enjoyed it xx

also, can i just say, thank u all so much for this 👇

it is so great to have loads of people from all around the world read my book :)

anyway, i have finished my little speech at the end of the chapter and i will post the next part soon <3