Chapter 12

OUT IN THE WOODS near Tadfield, Pepper, Brian and Wensleydale were following Adam until they reached their hide out. This was a small den made of old things that the children had found in the forest. Although it wasn't much, this was their place, and only theirs.

Whilst walking behind Adam, the others noticed something off about him. He hardly ever spoke and had a huge grin pulling at his mouth. He looked different, he seemed different. It was beginning to scare his friends.

"Adam? Are you ok?" Pepper asked cautiously, running to catch him up.

The boy completely ignored her question and instead spun around to face the trio.

"Wouldn't it be wicked eh, to have the whole world to ourselves?" He said, still grinning madly.

The unusual question shocked the others and all of a sudden they felt unsafe. Adam however had a strange glint in his normally kind eyes.

"We could have amazing games." He continued, "We could have war with real armies."

"But there won't be any people. They'd all be dead." Brian protested.

Pepper, Brian and Wensleydale shared a frightened look; what had happened to their friend? The old Adam hated wars and violence, he wouldn't want to have one of his own.

"Adam, please let us go home." Pepper said, trying to get through to him but his eyes stayed cold.

"I want my mum and my dad." Wensleydale cried.

"No!!" Adam yelled, sending a bone chilling shiver down the children's spines. Adam's eyes suddenly changed to a deep blood red colour.

This was definitely not normal. This wasn't safe.

Now Pepper, Brian and Wensleydale knew that they had to leave. Whatever was going on was not just a normal fight between friends. Something had taken control of Adam, something evil.

Pepper, being the bravest, was the first to speak.

"Adam, what are you doing?!"

Yet again, he ignored her.

"I've got friends coming soon." He continued, "You'll like them, they're a lot like you. They are here to help me."

"Adam please!" Yelled Brian, trying to get his best friend to listen. "I don't like this game, I want to go."

"Yes. Me too." Agreed Wensleydale.

The three of them turned they backs, about to walk away, but when they tried to run, their feet couldn't move. They were stuck to the ground.

"I can't move!!" They screamed. "Help!"

"Adam!!" They yelled in fear.

The boy just stood there, laughing at them.

"Just you wait. It's going to be wicked." He said, still grinning.

The children struggled and tried to leave but they just couldn't move their legs.

"Adam! We have to go home!" Brian shouted, his voice laced with fear.

"This is your home! Here, with me. You don't have to go to school or do anything you don't want to do ever again." The antichrist said, in a frighteningly convincing voice.

"Adam, just stop it!"

"Shut up!" He yelled, this was obviously the last straw. "Just stop it! Stop it! Stop talking! You all have to stop talking now!

Pepper, Brian and Wensleydale suddenly found that they actually couldn't physically speak, their mouths had been sealed closed. They tried shouting and screaming but no sound ever came out. It was like their mouths had be erased.

The three friends yelled and screamed but no one would ever hear them. They couldn't run and they couldn't shout.

As for Adam, rage flurried through his dark red eyes. He was finally showing his true nature, that of being the antichrist, son of Satan himself.......

In Aziraphale's bookshop.

Harper's POV

It was a day after Hastur had paid Crowley and I a visit and I was still quite shaken by the whole experience. Crowley had explained to me everything that had happened inside his phone and how Hastur was now trapped there, but just to be safe, I asked if we could leave his apartment, so we headed to Aziraphale's bookshop.

I had been at Aziraphale's for a while now and had told him everything that happened, he seemed very impressed by my bravery but then again, he might've just been being kind. The three of us had talked for a few hours but in the late afternoon Crowley had decided to leave - saying something about how spending too much time near books wasn't good for a demon.

After Crowley left, Aziraphale had been showing me some of his research on the antichrist that he had been doing. The two of us were filing through news paper clippings when suddenly the angel turned to face me.

"Harper," He began, "I know that you have become quite close to Crowley recently, and I can assure you that that is not something that happens often. I have never seen Crowley be more kind and considerate to someone, ever. Not even to me. You have changed him for the better, my dear, your friendship with him is unlike anything I have seen before."

I was unsure why he was telling me this, but I couldn't help but smile. It was nice to hear something like that from someone who had known Crowley for so long.

Aziraphale gave me a kind smile and I wrapped my arms around him, causing the angel to smile more.

"Thank you." I finally muttered gratefully.