Chapter 11

A YOUNG MAN WAS DRIVING in his car through the country side, to the town of Tadfield. This man was Newton (also known as Newt) Pulsifer and he had been sent by Sargent Shadwell to find a witch who had reportedly been living there. One of Newton's ancestors had been a highly esteemed witch hunter so when Shadwell found out who he was, he immediately sent Newt on the case.

It was when he was driving his car through the county roads when something strange caught his eye. There was something coming out of a man-whole cover right in the centre of the road. It looked like a person. A person who was only meters away from the car!

Newt slammed his foot on the brakes and swerved the car, trying not to hit whoever it was, who had now mysteriously vanished. The car slid across the road and when Newt tried to stop the car kept moving. It span in every direction and eventually crashed into a nearby tree. Newt screamed loudly.

"Help! Somebody help!" He yelled.

Much to his fortune, a group of children from the village were walking nearby. There were four of them: a brave and adventurous girl, Pepper; the humorous kid, Brian; a kind boy Wensleydale and, finally, their leader, Adam Young.

"Are you okay?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, do you need help?" Pepper continued.

"Ummm....it would be great if you could get me to Tadfield." Newton said.

The children agreed and helped him get to the village. When they arrived Adam and his friends decided to take the man to Anathema's cottage; they thought that she would probably be able to heal him.

The group eagerly knocked on the cottage door.

"Hello, Anathema, are you there?" Wensleydale asked politely.

After a few moments, the young lady opened the door. She looked at all the kids with a surprised look on her face but then she saw Newton and her eyes softened ever so slightly. The children explained the situation and Anathema said she would be able to help.

"Thank you for bringing him here kids. He will be completely healed in no time." Anathema said. "Now, off you go. Your parents are probably worried about you four."

The children left the house with a smile but just before they were about to cycle down the road, Adam turned around.

"Thank you for the magazines, Anathema. They really gave me something to think about."

Pepper, Brian and Wensleydale gave Adam an odd look, wondering what he was taking about. But when he didn't explain, the three off them just brushed it off quickly and they all cycled down the street.

Newton gave Anathema a kind smile before joining her in the cottage.

The archaeological site in Megiddo

There, in the blazing heat, stood one of the most evil and cruel demons of Hell: Hastur La Vista. He was a ruthless murderer who only had greed and hatred in his heart. As for his appearance, Hastur was very ugly. He had a horrible toad permanently sitting on his greasy hair, h is face was covered in dirt and his long nails were full of grime. His eyes were pools of black darkness of his face, making him look insane.
The demon watched as a smart black car drove down the dusty road. Inside that car was Thaddeus Dowling, a politician, his trophy wife, Harriet and their son Warlock. The family were under the impression that they were coming for an archaeological tour of the area, however, this was far from the case. Hastur had tricked them into coming because, he believed that the boy, Warlock, was the antichrist.