Chapter Three: Nighttime

It was now the closing time of Starr Park. Home time. He would definetly meet Colette and he decided to make up with her. Apologize for the trickery he had done earlier. He really should'nt have done that.

He went into the locker room and Colrtte was there! He could now (hopefully) play his cards right again.

"Um... Colette?" Edgar alerted her. She was packing her things back into her bag.

Colette turned around. "What do you want?"

"I'd like to well... Apologize for the drama that happened today." Edgar simply said.

"Why should I accept that apology?" Colette was skeptical. Edgar needed to convince her to apologize.

Thus, he decided to play something that was possibly risky.

"Well..."

"Well uh..."

"Edgar, just say it. It's not that hard."

"Fine. I like you." Edgar said. The boy was blushing, red in the face. Even his scarf looked like it was blushing.

"Wait, what?" Colette exclaimed. "You have a crush on me?"

"You do know that I tried to flirt with you and win your affection multiple times, right?" Edgar pointed out.

"I... I thought the flirting was all platonic! And can you name an example of you trying to um, win me over?" Edgar mentally facepalmed. Platonic flirting? That girl is dense.

"Remember that one time I spent most of my salary on Spike plushies for you? That was just one of 'em." Edgar told her.

"Oh... That. I still have the plushies." Edgar's heart warmed. It was nice to know that she kept them.

Colette seemed to feel better about the situation... Strike zero. Possible combo starter one.

"Another thing that I did to- well, make you fall for me is driving you home on my motorcycle. Well, not really. I was um, concerned about your safety." Edgar listed.

"You have a nice motorcycle by the way." Colette said.

"Thanks." Edgar smiled at the compliment as he remiscised a bit about the trips back to her home. Her breath on his neck, arm around his waist whilst he drove the motorcycle... He thought about it all. Every itty-bitty detail.

"D'ya want more examples of attempts to win you over or should I stop?"

"Eh, stop. It's getting late anyways and we need to get home."

"Cool. Do you want me to drive you home? I still have your helmet with me." Edgar had an extra helmet just in case he had to transport someone. But to be brutally honest, that thing basically belonged to Colette. It was even blue, her favourite colour. (Edgar painted it at some point. It used to be a bland white.)

"Why not? We need to talk this out anyways." Colette responded

Edgar chuckled. "Why yes we do. C'mon." Edgar took out a blue motorcycle helmet from his locker and put it on Colette's head with a mischievous smile.

"Hey!" Colette yelped.

Edgar said nothing. He just smiled even more and gestured for them to move and they went into a parking lot.

Entering the parking lot, they found Edgar's motorcycle and they drove to the exit.

Arriving at the exit, Edgar put his staff id card to the card scanner and the barrier in front of them rose.

The duo then drove away into the night.