Episode Three ~ Part Three

^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^

Grace hungrily popped a few potato chips in her mouth, walking down the snack aisle with Mary Jane.

MJ shook her head as she tossed a variety of chip bags in the car. "I hate when you open up the food before we buy it."

"Why? It's not like we're not gonna pay for it."

"Still," Mary Jane snatched the bag out of her hands and rolled it closed.

Grace huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Can't a menstruating woman snack on some junk food in peace?"

"That explains a lot," Mary Jane went across the aisle to get some cookies.

"And what the hell's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean," MJ turned to her. "You could have been a little easier on Addy."

"Here we go with this," Grace flipped her hair over her shoulder, poking her hip out. "I was just tellin' the truth, and she agreed with me. So what's the problem?"

"The problem is that Addy is not only hurt, but she is young. She's only twenty-one, and she's seen and been through so much already. Everythang that's made her happy in life always comes to this tragic end. Jaxon was her future. From best friends to lover . . . she never imagined things between them would pan an out like this."

"What's your point?" Grace didn't understand.

"My point is," Mary Jane started pushing the cart further down the aisle. "We should be there for her and try to be understandin'. Not make her feel bad for not easily lettin' go."

"I didn't want to make her feel bad," Grace held her arms. "I just worry about her . . . I worry about all of us when it comes to men."

Mary Jane stops short, "what do you mean?"

"I mean, look what happened to Sage after her divorce."

"Hey, she's been better."

"I know she has. But let's be honest, you can still see it in her eyes. Sage is hurtin' bad, and I don't want that for Addy. I don't want that for any of us. Why should Addy spend her night's thinkin' about what could have been with Jax? Pinin' over him while he's runnin' around town with Michelle like it's right?"

"Jax can date whoever he wants, Grace."

"You're right, but why'd it have to be Michelle when he knows the history our family has with her?"

"Who knows?" Mary Jane felt a headache coming on about the subject. "Maybe they weren't never serious anyway. The whole town knows he loves Addy."

"That just makes it worst," Grace grimaced disgust.