22

~
chapter twenty-two

Taehyung stepped onto the porch of his halmoni's house, smiling sadly at his surroundings. He missed this place so much. He rang the doorbell, waiting a few seconds until he heard voices approach the other side of the door.

Knowing his family was behind there put some sort of relief in his heart. It felt good to be home. The door opened with a creak, and there stood his halmoni, eyes wide and mouth open.

"T-Taehyungie?" The blonde smiled, tearing up while throwing his arms around the woman. She instantly returned it.

"What are you doing here my sweet boy?" She asked, pulling away slightly to look at him. "And holy shit, you got even prettier!" She praised, making him giggle.

"Thank you halmoni, I missed you so much." He said, a small tear running down his face. She instantly noticed his discomfort and sadness, quickly bringing him past the living room where his auntie and cousins were.

"Heya Taetae whatcha doin he-" his cousin was cut off by his grandmother, who had shut the door which separated the living room and kitchen.

"You can talk to your cousins later, tell me what's wrong my child?" Taehyung exhaled a shaky breath, placing his arms on the kitchen island.

"My soulmate— he-he says he doesn't love me back, and that he doesn't care about me," he said, looking down as he felt more tears spill. "I thought I changed him b-but apparently I'm not good enough!" He finished, finally breaking down once more. His grandmother looked at him in pity, her heart ached for her grandson.

His soulmate was certainly not normal, no one has ever willingly rejected their soulmate. It just never happens. Once two soulmates meet the only way they would ever part was by force or death. Taehyung's situation was practically unheard of.

"Oh Taebear!" His grandmother clasped their hands together. "My boy you're good enough. You're amazing and if he can't see that then fuck that bastard, you don't need him!"

"Mom! Your vulgar language isn't appreciated in a house full of children." Taehyung recognized the strict voice which belonged to his auntie say. She looked at him, her eyes softening slightly.

"I am sorry Taehyungie, that must be horrible for you." He nodded his head, sighing at the circumstances. Why did this happen to him? He soon remembered the other reason he had come to talk to his family.

"Halmoni, I also wanted to tell you that I have been given a wonderful opportunity, but I'm only taking it if I have your blessing— I have been asked to transfer to a private fashion based school in America. It will be an internship so other than the dorm it's free, a-and I don't know if I should go-"

"That's wonderful," his grandmother cut him off, smiling so brightly. "Taehyung, if you want my blessing you have always had it, this is about what you want not what anyone else wants. Do you want to go?"

"Y-yes." Taehyung stuttered, looking down at his hands. He did want to go, but when he first given the opportunity there were tons of obstacles. Jungkook, his grandmother, Jimin, his life. But what does he really want? Crossing out the guilt for what all his family and friends would feel, Taehyung really really wants to go.

"Then what are you waiting for? Of course you should take it!" Taehyung smiled, one good thing came out of this. He was doing something for himself. Something great and life changing. And for a few minutes, the thought of Jungkook barely crossed his mind. Unfortunately it only was for no more than six minutes, but maybe it was a start.