𝓢𝓸𝓶𝓫𝓻𝓮 𝓢𝓵𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻

✧・゚│Picture is by me

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Several more days pass by like an aching wound full of futile efforts and pangs of despondency that surge right within my thorax, only making it more difficult to breathe. All the instances I see Félix in the mansion, I can't help but stir as many apologies as I possibly can in front of him. But of course, he now began displaying a pretence as if the fight never happened, and brushed me to the side, constantly repeating his words of disregard towards me.

How will I ever be able to set things right if he won't allow me? At least as of right now, he's home, and I've just finished my work shift at five o'clock. Physically and mentally drained, I avert my thoughts of him, and return back to the master bedroom; the place where I no longer felt secure nor euphoric.

I lazily let my feet slip out of the slippers, then I slowly get into bed after changing my clothes, curling underneath the blanket that was now separated from the one he used, meaning I had my own to enclose myself when I lied down. Although I was desperate for his warmth for all these nights, I'd rather not attempt to make any advances to save myself from further heartache.

Shivering a bit, I shuffle to gain comfort with my pillow, and hear his footsteps trail out of his closet, halting for a good 10 seconds, then continuing until they reach his side of the bed. I kept my backside facing him, and shut my eyes tightly, battling my emotions to numb my mind to doze off for a quick snooze.

And soon enough, as agonizing as it was, I find myself drift into a deep sleep. But the random flashbacks of the past mustered up by my subconscious began to permeate the realm I had entered upon struggling to escape from reality.

-

He took deep, slow breaths, before looking down at me once again. As he came to a decision, he pulled out his wallet and presented a small picture to me, his Adam's apple producing tremors from the profound emotions concealed beneath all his vigorous layers. "This is my father... Whom introduced me to business and class. Whom taught me elegance, veneration, discipline, and established my conscience to what may somewhat still exist today... He initially built me into the man I am up until now, but you also had an immense effect upon me... However, his contribution in my life was all the more long lasting, even after he... perished.." His throat began to constrict, so he gulped down a few lumps.

-

Félix glues his gaze to mine, a flash of sentiment dispersing within his jade-green eyes. He lifted his hands and showed me the three pieces of dissimilar jewelry; one on his right ring finger, right index finger, and left ring finger. "My father's ring.. My own... And one of the two Graham De Vanily twin rings. I swear this isn't a betrothal ring." He chuckles when stating the denouement. All three were polished to perfection; sparkling, authentic platinum.

-

He set me down to my feet, then stood straight with his back flexing. "Thank you. That is all I need, nothing else." He moves my bangs aside before pecking my forehead that warmed up from the affectionate touch. "I'll be heading out now. And I'll make sure to secure a bottle of rosé for you~ Your favourite~" He smiled.

-

My feet were immersing within the water.

Mid-thigh level.

The blue hair cascading down my back.

Brushing upon my tailbone.

Soft and silky.