𝓕𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮

After my one week-long urgent business trip, I finally finish and resolve the issue that had brought extreme tension within my company and its ties. I'm glad that's over so now I can go back home to the love of my life. I smile a little, not too noticeably, as I make my way to the airport through a cab. Within 3 hours, I get on the plane headed straight to Paris and finally relax a little, leaning back against my seat in exhaustion.

I quickly send Marinette a text so she doesn't begin to worry: [I'll be home by 7pm.]

She replies almost instantly: [Okay! Why can't I just come to the airport to pick you up with your driver?]

[No, don't do that. It's not safe out here, Marinette. Please stay home. I beg you.]

[Fine :( Just be safe, okay?]

[I will, don't worry. See you in a few hours.] I send that as my last text then close my phone and put it back in my breast pocket. As I stare at nothing in particular, I begin to think of something I should get for her to surprise her.

Finally, the plane lands in Paris so I rush out of the terminal as fast as possible with my luggage and briefcase then walk out of the airport. Taking yet another cab, I go to the animal shelter because I knew this would be one of the many great gifts for her. Hopefully, she isn't allergic to cats.

˖₊ Marinette's POV
─────

I walk around the mansion with my swollen feet because I was just too happy that he was finally coming back. Even though it has only been 7 days since we last saw each other, it feels like 7 years for some reason. I can't live being apart from him. It just isn't possible now. I'm becoming more and more sensitive because of my pregnancy since I've lost so much in my past but the one person I'm thankful for is Félix. And of course I'm thankful for my son, endlessly. I pat my stomach in adoration and realize just how close I now am to giving birth to my baby. I'm literally due in 2 weeks! I sit down on the couch in the living room and smile to myself as I text Alya in excitement. She replies within seconds and reminds me constantly to let her know when I begin to go into labor since she wants to be there at the hospital with me when I give birth. Of course she's my best friend so I need her during that process. I feel a blush surface my cheeks as I realize that he will also be there with me in the delivery room to experience the most beautiful moment of my life.

I inhale but then sigh as I glance at the wall clock. He said he would be home by 7 but now it's 9pm. The anxiety travels through my veins again because I always assume the worst. I'm really worried at this point because if the flight had been delayed then he would've notified me earlier. I check my phone but there are no new messages or calls from him. I contact one of the guards and even he hasn't seen Félix come through the gate yet. I lean back against the cushions and bite my nails, nervously as I try to avoid calling him since I don't know if he's busy with something or if he's on his way.

I gulp every now and then as the minutes tick by but then, I hear the main door open and my heart jumps, a little scared. "Félix??" I ask, alarmingly.

The footsteps grow louder and he appears, smiling with exhaustion on his face, "Hey, babe."

I smile in complete happiness and relief, seeing him finally here, "I was so worried! I missed you so much!"

He walks over and sits beside me on the couch and wraps his arms around my waist, "I missed you too. And I'm sorry I made you worry, I had to finish a few errands on the way. It won't happen again." He plants a soft kiss on my lips, assuringly.