𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓿𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓑𝓪𝓵𝓬𝓸𝓷𝔂

Using the key, I get inside and lock the door. I am truly unaware of my surroundings right now. All I can hear is the deafening silence of my heart and the darkness of my mind consuming me slowly. I look down at my bump which was still small, but now visibly noticeable. I don't know why, it felt like even my son was silent. As silent and empty as the void in my soul.

Completely forgetting to use the elevator, I ascend the stairs and the second my foot makes it to the eighth step, I slip and my body goes tumbling down, my back scraping against the cold marble. Finally, I release a scream and my mouth stays open, not being able to process the shock against my tissues. I place my hands on the step behind me and try to move, but fail. My elbows start to buzz and It feels like my body is about to become paralyzed.

"Owwww! OWWWWW!" I scream with tears in my eyes that only increase in weight.

I glance at the clock with an unfocused vision, and it reads 7:03 p.m., which means even the maid isn't here since her shift has ended. I can't even call anyone because my phone has a 0% battery. Panicking, my feet start to twitch as I lie there on the stairs, not being able to make a movement. I hold my forehead with my palm and continue to whimper, trying my best to think of a solution. Plus, it's dark now outside and my dumbass didn't even turn on the chandelier's light. My body shakes and sweats with despair hitting in throughout.

As if it was a miracle, I hear the main door's lock turn and open, revealing a silhouette. Félix turns on the light and drops his briefcase the second his eyes spot me at a five-metre distance, splayed across the left stairway.

He walks over in a hurry and kneels on the bottom steps. "Are you alright??? I told you not to use the stairs!"

I groan in the pain and finally manage to open my eyes to look at him.

He asks in a worrisome tone, eyeing my limbs, "Oh my God. Are you hurt??"

I nod and rub the lower end of my spine, tears still running down my cheeks.

"Anywhere else?"

I shake my head.

Without hesitation, he places his hand at my lower back to secure it, and as he tries to lift me up, the pain travels through my entire body, making me jerk upwards in excruciating discomfort.

"Shit, shit, shit! I'm so sorry. Hold up, stay still." He instantly repositions his angle, and I grip his hard-muscled bicep, bracing myself when he lifts me again. At that moment, he gently scoops me from the stairs, making our faces come super close for just a second. And for that second only, my pain vanished temporarily and my heartbeat awakened as a single pulse full of such pressure... then returned back to its dead state.

Carefully, he carries me to the elevator and makes his way up to my room. He places me on my bed slowly, his body leaning down in the process, and turns on the lights.

"Is it okay if I check to see for any injuries? You need to go to the hospital as soon as possible if it's a fracture." He asks, and I nod without opening my eyes because even that felt agonizing.

He orders me to turn over, and so I do, enough to not suffocate my abdomen. I sense him lifting the back of my shirt which increases my heart rate and anxiety within milliseconds. Uncomfortably, I shift a little when he runs his finger across the small portion of my back, but I can barely feel anything. It was numb to a different extent.

I hear the concern in his voice, "There is a rather dark bruise situated on your waist. I'll get some ice, don't move."

I lie there and sink my face into my pillow, crying nonstop, and after two minutes, I hear his footsteps trace back to my room.