𝓔𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓢𝓸𝓵𝓲𝓭𝓲𝓽𝔂

I let go of him to wipe my tears that were still stinging my eyes due to everything revolving in my body right now. He smiles at me and kisses my forehead, "Now let's eat dinner so you can take your pills, alright?"

I nod, turning to go towards the kitchen down the hall, "Should I make it?"

"No. We can just order food because you seriously need to relax." He tells me sternly and walks over to the coffee table to grab his phone, then sits down.

I sigh and walk back into the living room to sit on the couch next to him. My stomach feels really empty and dead for some reason; meaning I don't actually feel hungry, but I know he's going to force me to eat. I watch him as he unlocks his phone using Touch ID, and pulls up the Uber Eats app.

He turns to me and asks, "What would you like to have?"

I shrug and scoot closer, "I don't know."

"Hmmm, Mexican? Or Chinese? Or American?..." He suggests while looking at his phone screen and scrolling carefully through the restaurant options.

I slowly wrap my arms around his left arm and softly say, "Maybe Italian? I love Italian food."

He looks at me and nods, then goes through all the options under the Italian tab. I place my chin on his shoulder as we both decide on two large pizzas with our favourite toppings; surprisingly, our tastes are nearly the same, yet he doesn't like pineapples. I don't mind not having pineapples for once. After looking over the details, he clicks 'checkout' and pays with his MasterCard. I almost protest to pay for the bill myself but quickly shut my mouth because I have no energy to argue with him at the moment.

Through the waiting time, we watch some TV, specifically the news channel to see updates about the current pandemic. It's getting tiring just knowing that we're getting nowhere because the vaccines have been distributed, but a person like me can never trust that. I'd rather stay safe in quarantine than take the risk by getting some unknown fluid injected into my body.

After about 20 minutes, the food arrives and Félix carries it from the main door to the kitchen. I cautiously take out two plates from the lower shelf in one of the cabinets by holding them tightly so I don't drop them due to my clumsiness.

He places the pizza boxes on the huge island and looks at me, "Do you wanna eat in the dining room or here on these stools? We've never eaten on these."

"Let's try the stools." I say, even though my back is still hurting a bit, and make my way over to the outside of the island. Without asking, he helps me up on one of the stools which were cushioned, thankfully.

I adjust myself properly and smile, placing my hands on the granite counter, "Thank you."

He then sits on the stool beside mine. "No problem." He says and opens the first box, letting me take the amount of slices I want first with some garlic-parmesan dip.

We begin to eat in silence. A silence that isn't awkward, but actually comfortable between us. Once we finish an entire pizza of eight slices, I set my feet back to the floor and go to the sink to wash both of our plates. After I place them on the rack to dry, he gets my prescription bag with the two medications in it. Sighing, I get a cup of water and quickly swallow a pill from each bottle without being stubborn about it.

"Good girl." He smiles and holds my hand, taking me out of the kitchen, then down the hall and up the staircase to the right. I smile and look down but then look back up when he asks, "Would you like to move into my bedroom? If you don't feel comfortable then I understand. As I said before, I don't wanna rush anything."

I blink my eyes a couple of times as we reach the second floor, "Y-You mean s-sleep with you?"

"Yes but not like that. I want you to sleep beside me because I wanna wake up to your beautiful face every morning." He lifts my hand and kisses it in a loving and respectful manner.