ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2: ɢ ᴏ ᴏ ᴅ ʙ ʏ ᴇ ꜰ ᴜ ᴄ ᴋ ᴇ ʀ ꜱ

Alessandro's POV (before meeting the twins.)

It's been 12 years since Violetta and the twins left. Ever since the day, I kicked Violetta and the twins out, I have regretted it. She was the love of my life and to find out she was having an affair behind my back for years just ticked me off. It hurt my sons to see their mother leave but they grew to understand why I did it. 

It also hurt them to see their baby sister and brother leave. I thought the twins weren't mine. I didn't care for the twins because that's how enraged I was when I found out about the affair. 

Then, when I found out about the affair, I began to question everything, including the twins. A year after she left, I came to find out they were indeed mine but I was too late as they were nowhere to be found.

I was in my office, drowning my thoughts in whiskey when my phone started ringing. I picked it up and answered "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Mr. Rossi?"

"Yes, who are you, and why are you calling?" I demanded

"Sir, I'm Lindsey Carter, social worker and I'm calling about your twin son and daughter..."

At the mention of the twins, I shot up straight in my seat.

"Go on..."

"Sir, their stepfather was arrested on a drug charge and child abandonment, we were wondering if you'd be willing to take them in. If not, they'd have to go into the system."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The twins are finally coming home. My babies.

"Sir, are you still there?"

"Yes, I'm here and yes I'll take them in."

"Great, thank you so much."

"No, thank you!"

They're coming home, they're finally coming home. I wonder how they are and look now.

"Luca!"

"Luca, get in here."

Luca walked in and asked, "What's wrong Dad?"

"Nothing is wrong, everything is perfect. Life is perfect."

"Dad, are you high?"

"No, son I'm not."

"Ok, then what's wrong?"

"They found them, they found your baby siblings."

"Stop fucking with me, Dad..."

"I'm not, they found them and we're going to get them. It'll be a surprise for your siblings. Let's go."

_

Principal's Office

We got to the school and from the looks of it, it was decent. We'd been funding this school for a while.

We walked till we found the door labeled O F F I C E.

"Hello sir, I'm Principal Matthews and I assume you're here for Fiammetta and Ardito?" Principal Matthews said.

"Yes, I'm Luke Rossi and this is my dad Alessandro Rossi. Could you call them?" Luke

"Fiammetta and Ardito Bianchi to the principal's office. I repeat, Fiammetta and Ardito to the principal's office."

"While we wait, can you tell us about the twins?" I asked

"Of course...well they're very smart. They're honestly the smartest in this school and I'm not exaggerating when I say that." Principal Matthews