Chapter one: Marriage

For a moment, Y/n thought marriage is not so bad, that it may lead to something good and new, she thought that once she was married she could choose for herself. But her parents seems to not buy that thought, and in three days she would be marrying the son of Barron Yang, and being in a merchant household, Y/n thought why would the Yang couple would want her to marry their son, why not a noble lady instead? 'cuz there is sure a lot of young ladies that are much better than her. And so, her mother told her that "We must, and we deserve to be part of a higher place in society, for example, be as high as a noble. And that is for you to marry the son of the Yang household, it's our only way for then noble would no longer look down on us." While her maid is doing her hair for her to meet her to-be husband in a few hours. "And for their reason of deciding to marry this household, I do not know, and I do not want to know what are their whereabouts. So, daughter, I'm hoping for your best at the wedding, and I am hoping for this to go as planned." Y/n sighed after hearing that from her mother, she always dreamt of marrying the one she truly loves, and after her mother shut the door of her room, she wonder what would her husband to be would be like.

Yang Jungwon stares at the common room window, wondering a lot of things, as to why is the atmosphere blue, and why should he be marrying too soon. His lost thoughts led him into his parents' room and ask them to cancel this wedding that is to happen in a few days. But it seems they were talking, Jungwon open the door slightly, enough for him to peek and not be seen. "Dear, are you sure, that you are sure that marrying L/n's daughter would be best for us?" He heard his father say, doubting his wife's earlier words. "I am so sure dear, don't be ridiculous! That family has the gold, indeed they may have the mine." His mother says, holding her hands into the other and smiling at her husband. " How can you be so sure? You do know they have a really bad smell! And their hair smells like fish!! They would give us a bad image!!" His father confesses.

'Does she smell like fish?'

"They indeed smell like that, but their little business is famous to noble and commoners! They say their dresses are one of the best! How could they not have the treasures when lady Wonyoung of house Jang visited their mansion personally! I say husband all we need is--" Her mother stopped after turning into the door and looked into Jungwon's wide eyes looking through the door shocked. "Son, what are you doing in there? Are you not supposed to be preparing for your wedding?" His mother asks him, while his father looks at him with wide eyes.

Jungwon closed the door and went into his room sulking, he knew that was the reason all along, so why is he so shocked when he heard it in his own ears?

Y/n has been sitting in the carriage with her parents for minutes now, and she wonders on their way into the Yang household a lot of things that she starts to sigh a lot, her mother notices this and chooses to ignore it, while her father talks nonstop, still talking about business and planning about the marriage. Once they arrived, Y/n's mother first took a step out of the carriage and her father follows, Y/n's eyes wander from the top of the manor to the bottom which lead to the door, the door was big and it has so many details, and once she took her way out of the carriage, an old man opened the door from the inside and announced their arrival.

Despite being merchants, her parents hold their pride deep and it is surely visible in Infront of anyone, they keep their heads up high, and straighten their backs all time. Showing their elegant personalities.

"The L/n's have arrived!" The butler said while the Yang couple are standing right before the big stairs with fine details.

"Baron Yang and Lady Yang...." The butler's hand points towards the said names, and after that, he then points his hand to the right where the L/n's are. "Mr. And Mrs. L/n and Miss Y/n." After that, the butler went away and Lady Yang clap her hands and gave a smile.