Chapter six: I found you

The sound of rustling bushes and snapping twigs made Yang Jungwon stop in his tracks.

"What was that?" The girl beside him went closer to his back, while she hugged her shoulders when the cold wind touched her skin.

With careful steps, Jungwon slowly approached the bushes. Seconds of waiting and staring passed and nothing came. The girl beside him sighed with relief, and unconsciously, Jungwon found himself quietly chuckling.

"What? What is it?" The girl asked with a confused face, while Jungwon shook his head as an answer.

"Nothing. Nothing's there." The girl nodded through his reply as they started to proceed with their search.

It's been hours and hours of searching already. But following the river and finding a grave is harder than solving calculus for Jungwon. He started to doubt the bone who talked to him; what if it was just his imagination? What if it's been messing with him all this time? What if--

Jungwon and the girl were frozen in their tracks, staring with wide-open eyes, never blinking. In front of them, a man with black dirty hair, a mudded face, and a ruined tuxedo, stands very still beside a girl-- who looks a lot like Jungwon's fiancé. What surprised Jungwon the most wasn't Y/n's dirty dress and untidy hair, not even the cut on her cheeks. It was the tight hold that both Y/n and the guy had. The hold of the hands that's too suspicious enough to assume they were just assisting each other to cross the river--No, no it wasn't just that. Because the guy beside Y/n held her waist quite tightly and comfortably. Yang Jungwon can feel the heat of his face, can feel his frowning brows. But his thoughts were broken when a warm and soft hand held him firmly--the girl beside him-- but he never left his stare at the guy in front.

"Jungwon?" Y/n's voice flooded Jungwon's ears, and all the strength in his muscles that's left in him suddenly shattered. While his frown softens to longing. Jungwon didn't waste any more seconds, and so did Y/n, and ran into each other's firm and warm embrace. It all felt so real and unreal. It all felt like a dream but they knew they were wide awake.

Y/n couldn't help but laugh, then seconds later, her laughter turned into a cry. It's been a long night for her, and his tight hold on him eased her finally.

"It's okay, it's okay Y/n. I'm here now." Jungwon softly called out to her, running his palms on his back.

"I couldn't believe it..." A whisper left her lips.

"It's fine now. I finally found you now." Jungwon softly pushed her head into the surface of his shoulders and patted her hair softly, whispering and reassuring her in his arms.
_______

The feelings of being crushed and being burned but freezing to death...Riki stared at the view in front of him. What is this...He couldn't understand, but the tight knot in his throat and the heaviness in his chest while his eyes burned with sadness...

Riki couldn't take his eyes away from them, holding tightly to each other, whispering reassurance to one another...It felt like he's been interfering with their story for a long while now.

What is this...? He thought he was already aware that he had taken Y/n away from home, from him. But honestly...What is this? Just like that, he's no longer known? No longer needed? No longer significant?... Was he even significant?

Looking at the back of them, Riki noticed a trembling girl. She looked shocked and frightened, even brokenhearted at the sight. Riki thought that he must've looked the same as the girl, that she couldn't believe what she was seeing. He felt sorry for her because she must've fallen in love with him on the way.

___________

UGHHH! This fic has been haunting me even in my sleep:'(( I really can't wait for this to end.

Btw, sorry for being dead for too long...was I gone for a year? Who knows.

Thanks to the ones who've been encouraging me to continue this! (even though only a few read this!!) It's just that I was very busy with lazing around.