Chapter two: A bride of two

When Y/n opened her eyes, flashing lights are the things she can only see, and seconds later she saw a figure in front of her.

"You're finally awake..." A boy whispered, and moments later her memories collided with another, rewinding the occasion earlier.

She once again screams, standing up from the bed she slept on, frightened, the guy follows her movements, and then he grabbed her shoulders, looking at her in the eyes, holding a finger in front of his mouth, shushing her.

"Hey, hey, hey, relax no one's gonna hurt you okay, stop screaming," He said whispering, and it seems to work, her stiff shoulders starts to go down, and her screaming was also stopped replaced by a heavy breath.

"Okay....okay-- where am I, Sir?" She asks, holding into her dress's skirts, taking slow breaths, trying to calm herself down.

"You're in my room." He answered.

"Oh, why am I in your room?" She asks, squinting her eyes out, confused by the situation, thinking as to why is she in a guy's room and what is she doing in there, why's the room so cold. Her thought is rather not so positive, so she thought of the worst-case scenarios to happen, and she could only hope those did not happen.

"You fainted when you married me."

'what??'

That cannot be happening, she could never marry anyone other than Yang Jungwon. How can this happen?? She could not recall a moment she married someone, well, she was supposed to marry in just three days, now it's only two.

As if her thoughts are written on her face, the guy in Infront of her, whose hands are still on her shoulders, spoke.

"You married me on the side of the river, remember? You took my ring, and you said yes? You can't remember that?" He asks, confusing Y/n and himself.

And now that he told that to her, it's another moment for her to once again recall what happened earlier.

"That cannot be happening. I was practicing-- it wasn't that, you're mistaken. I could not marry someone now that I'm to marry The Barron's son!" She yelled, frightened holding her temples massaging them, while every second that passes, her breath went heavier and faster.

"Calm yourself down please!" He said, a little shocked by her reaction, and also a little concerned.

"What are you talking about, I can't understand you..." He cannot understand why is she acting like this like she was confused and scared, when it was so clear back then, she said 'I do.

"It was an accident." She breathed out. Scratching her head stressfully, and then she look into his eyes, she could clearly see that he was also confused, his face screams how confused he was. So taken by the reaction of this guy -- her husband -- she made a terrible mistake.

Y/n breathes out, letting out her heavy breath and thinking of how to cope and fix this problem. She looks back at him and sighed once more.

"So we're married." She said, but more like asking.

"Yes. You married me." He said, standing up straight, pointing Y/n and to himself.

"Okay, so-- what is your name?"

"My name is Riki, but most people call me Ni-ki, but since you're my wife... now, I prefer you calling me Riki. Since it's special." He said smiling.

'He looks so excited.'

"Well hello there, Riki, now that I'm your wife... Can you tell me where we are at?" She asks, as Ni-ki shoots another smile.

"In my room?" He said giggling, placing a hand on his hips.

"No, what I meant was, where are we, like, the location, or the street name, country? Perhaps?"

"Oh! Yeah of course! We're in the land of the dead." After what Riki said so happily--excitedly, delightfully-- it was all silent, and Y/n's face was pale as the snow back in the woods where she took the ring and accidentally got married three days before where she should be marrying someone else. She looked dead.

"What?" She said.

Weird, how could she be in the land of the dead when she's all living and alive, that's weird, everything seems weird. How could this happen? Confusion took Y/n's body and mind, she wonders how she died, was it possible to die in just one night? But then again, it all seems like her fault. It was her fault for running into the woods, it was her fault for messing up, it was her fault for marrying a dead. But how... how can she be in the land of the dead when it was so clear she's alive? Did she die when she (accidentally) married him or did he murder her?

"Was it you?" She started with accusation and desperation lashing in her voice. "Did you murder me?" It was quiet when she whispered that out, and sadness took over Riki's face.

"You think...you think I would do such a thing?" He asked melancholy.

"I--" Was what she could ever answer when he let go of her hands, which were wrapped with warmth seconds ago.

"I'll-- I'll need a little air... outside." His foot was over the door when Y/n realized she should apologize, for she thinks she offended him. But once she grabbed hold of the doorknob and her sight landed on the outside, she was greeted with happy music, and a partying bunch of moving bones, some of them still have rotten flesh attached, and some had eyes that are nearly off of their faces, some don't have faces, and some don't even have their heads on.

Y/n shut the door immediately, startled by the people who are decomposing or decomposed bodies who greeted her very friendly.

Now she feels bad, they were being nice, they even threw a party to celebrate her (accident) marriage.

Leaning by the door, she can hear muffled noises coming from the outside, it sounds like they were having a quarrel, and after opening the door once again, Y/n awkwardly laughed, making her way far from that place, while saying "thank you so much!" And "Hi/Hello!" For the (dead) people who greeted her.

Y/n is now walking down a road, a road she is not familiar with, trying to comprehend which location is this in the living world.

But before she could, a figure of a tall young man was standing by the edge of a cliff, and after approaching him, he looks at her with eyes so blue, and brows down, while his shoulders are almost by the ground.

'He looks so sad."

Y/n could not say a thing, she can't think of a comforting word, her mind was blank, but her heart can somehow feel the sorrow that he feels.

"I'm sorry, what I said earlier was out of nervousness, I don't mean to ask that, and I don't exactly think I just died... that way," She said, while she put her hand still on his shoulder.

Riki did not say a thing and took her hands, rub them softly, and after, he puts his cold lips on the back of her hands while his eyes just mindlessly stare at hers.

Inside the Baron State's manor of the Yang family, Mrs. L/n was dead sick and worried, walking her feet around the room again and again rummaging her head, thinking of a possible place her daughter could have been, while Yang Jungwon sat on his bed, thinking of a way to sneak out of the mansion and try to get a way to find his bride.

A loud knock he heard coming from the other side of his door, then his mother's voice reached him out.

"If." His mother started. "If L/n Y/n cannot be found within a day, a new marriage should be announced, and Son, do not fear of losing a bride, because the Nishimura Family's daughter should be just as perfect for you." His mother left before the message was once said, but before his mother's feet could even touch the first step of the stairs, he was no longer inside his room.