Chapter 12 |TORPEFY|

Keya Madhavan

"You shouldn't have done this baby girl......" He calmly whispered into my ears.

I can't see his face but I know he is fuming with anger, gripping me as tight as he can.

"Leave me! just leave me!" I kept on shouting, trying to get off his hold, tears dripping out. But never did he utter anything or loosen his grip.

And in no time I was back on the place from which I tried to run away so hard. I didn't know how he managed to find me and get me back so fast to this resentful place. But now I was scared of the consequences. My whole body was shivering in fear.

My every hope was getting crushed. I was becoming hopeless. Every try was resulting unsuccessful. Will I never escape this place, from him? Am I trapped here till my last breath? Thinking everything was making me more hysterical, my sob was turning louder.

He dragged me to the same room in which the old lady and the old man were still present.
"OUT!" One shout of his wrath and they were out of the room while closing the door on their way out.

He further pulled me until we were across the antique rosewood table, near his PC. He settled on the chair and yanked me on his lap.

I lowered my head trying to control my wavering breath, fiddling with my fingers and just trying to think. I have to calm down and stop this weeping, if not I will faint any movement.
I kept chanting,
Everything is okay..... everything will be okay......

"Babe....." He calmly called out, which was enough to startle me. His hands encircled around my waist, hugging it.
"Look, who are they? Do you know them?" He asked, with his chin resting on my shoulder.
I raised my gaze and it freezes on the screen. I tried my best to not cry out loud.

On the screen, there was my mother and my sister, my only family. They were walking with their baggage which seemed like an airport. A lone drop of tear fell out of my widened eyes.
"You know them right?" He whispered menacingly, gripping me as tight he can while his head buried in the crook of my neck, sniffing it.
"I will sign it. I will marry you." He wants to hear this, right. This is why he is doing all this just to break me, make me his obedient. I will just agree, cause what else can I even do?

He will threaten me until I don't get down on my knees which I know I'll do if not now maybe tomorrow. Cause I'm draining out of my energy let alone be fighting. There is no way I can win against him. The only thing which will change is my family might get hurt if I don't agree now.

"Such a smart babe! If you had shown your smartness just a little while ago then it would have been so much nicer, isn't it?" He exclaimed cheerfully and pecked my cheek.

The old lady and the old man were back after calling them in.
"Greetings my lady, I'm Mr. Dahl. Your attorney for marriage. So should we proceed?" The old man asked and by the time another man entered the room standing beside the old lady.

After I nodded, Mr. Dahl went on shuffling some papers and started to explain everything about marriage registration but nothing was reaching my ears. Only one thing ringing in my brain ' No one can help me, no one. It's better if I learn faster and behave accordingly '

" So on the witness of Ms. Olivia and Mr. Warren, the marriage took place between Mr. Adik Malhotra and Ms. Keya Madhavan is pronounced to be legal under the law by a legal practitioner. Please sign on the papers." Mr. Dahl said while handing me the pen.

I signed my fate away, along with the papers. All the while feeling his intense gaze on me. In no time he too signed on the paper. I glanced at the paper for the last time with both of our signatures on it, before Mr. Dahl collected it.

He reached for my hand and glided the elegant ring down my ring finger, followed by me putting the ring on his finger.

He gave me a tight hug and kissed my lips and delightfully mumbled " I love you Keya!" and stared at me for the response.

"love you too" I responded monotonously, but he still seems to be happy and picked me up in his arms before leaving the room and ascending towards the staircase.

I glanced towards my hand, on my finger where the ring was embracing it perfectly. There was a time when I wanted Adik to propose to me with a ring for wedding and thought how happy will I be at that time.
But now, my hand just felt heavy, tired with the undesired article of attachment.

After reaching the room he changed my soiled clothes into a similar kind of white cotton gown like I wore before and medicated the wound on my feet.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and snuggled more into my back as much, I can feel his warm breaths on my nape. I can feel he is fast asleep from his calm breath and zero movements. I feel like those Teddy bears who the child clings on and sleeps the whole night and the Teddy, paralyzed on its place on the bed the whole night.

The moon was clearly visible, through the open window and fluttering white curtains. It looks like tomorrow will be a full moon night.

And abruptly again those wretched tears filled my eyes full.
Why does everything reminds me of my past?!! I don't want to remember all that back again!!

.........................................

I hope you liked it!
.
Don't forget to vote, share & follow
.
Stay tuned & Enjoy!!!