IV.

tw: violence
...

Lunch came and so was the formidable reality for the blonde senior. A disconcerted Chaeyoung sits over the lunch table with her best friends (who were unfortunately not that friendly right now). She can't believe that harmless brunette has stained her reputation so easily. Now, every senior has been asking about her during her classes. Even Lisa was furious about the news. There was a reason Chaeyoung didn't want to date, it's just that everyone doesn't know how serious it was for her.

"Come on, Chaeng. Say something." A worried Jinyoung continues to bug the quiet senior.

Jongin, on the other hand, was feeling awkward. He was piercing his fork on his salad bowl while observing the blonde across him.

"Guys, I really want to talk this out. You can't have this ridiculous cold war over a girl." Jinyoung tries to clear the tension again but to no avail. Both of their glares even grew more.

"Chaeng, you don't want that sophomore to get into our business. It's too risky." Jinyoung tries to reason out.

Jongin started biting, "Well, if only people would stop lying about their feelings then this wouldn't be so hard."

"Shut up, Jongin. I'm not the one who tormented the helpless sophomore here." She snickers at her spite against him.

"I guess, I should thank you for saving her poor soul. Is that what you want to hear?" The jock starts to provoke. Insinuating a sneer from Chaeyoung. She rolled her eyes at him. Her lethal glare bothered Jongin more this time. The blonde lifts herself out of the table and grabbed her bag and soccer ball quickly without lifting a single word. She was seriously pissed off.

As the blonde senior walks away, she hears an additional comment from her bestfriend one more time, "You could've just told us that you wanted to date, and that you're actually a whore like everyone else."

The latter made the crowd around gasp. This made Chaeyoung halt her steps, then turned around to face Jongin again. Her face unchastens as she puts her soccer ball on the floor and took a good second to glare at Jongin. "At least I'm a whore who actually has inheritance. I can't say that same for you."

Jongin can feel himself choking at the insult, "Why you li-?!"

Chaeyoung didn't pass the chance to quickly kick the ball right that second and let it fly across the room until it reached Jongin's face. It garnered a grave scream from her bestfriend. Everyone in the room were shocked as they witnessed Jongin crashing on the ground.

"I'll make it up to you next time, buddy." She marked a sarcastic one before she left the latter hurting on the floor.

...

"So, the humor is true then?"

Jennie flinched at the body that sat next to her. "Oh. Jisoo." She's surprised that the latter still wants to sit with her, considering everyone hates her right now. It was Calculus. The last subject for the day.

"You're really dating Park Chaeyoung aren't you?" Jisoo starts to pick up the conversation.

"I shouldn't be surprised that you hate me too, maybe even more."

"You're good, new money. I really don't care about the fuzz over Miss Park." Jisoo was so passive and Jennie felt a pinch of relief knowing that she has still someone by her side.

"Why are they more worked up about me dating her instead of that annoying senior, Jongin?"

Jisoo sighs with a deadpanning stare, "Damn. You have the audacity to publicly announce your girlfriend but don't know an ounce about her. Are you really dating?"