Chapter 60

Nene's POV

It's a new academic year. L.D is now in his final year while i moved to the second year class (200 Level). We both saw less of each other because his school workload became very intense.

He spent a good number of his time preparing for his final examinations and working on his final year project which he will defend before a panel of Professors.

I've never seen L.D as studious as he is now. I did the bit that i could by trying as much as i could to avoid anything that may distract him from his school work.

I always had an extra meal bag each time i left my hostel to the lecture hall. I'd meet him up at the usual spot where he hangs out whenever he is on lunch break then we'll have lunch together, have small talks to catch up on what we've missed out on each other that day.

Our weekend outings were mostly replaced with 'studying'. We had to restrict our 'pleasure trips' to places within the campus. This was our routine through out this first semester of the new academic year. It was so boring.

As usual, the first semester went by quickly and it was time for us to sit for our examination. When we were done writing our exams, Soji, Lola and i got together to plan for L.D's birthday.

We unanimously agreed to plan a 'romantic-get-away' trip with its location at Soji's new beach resort, which his parents gifted him on his birthday.

While Soji will see to the arrangements at the resort, Lola will use her dad's 'connections' to make a booking for a private helicopter to transport L.D and i from the Birthday venue to the beach resort.

"Nene, you don't have to do anything. I want you to just make yourself available for him on that day, that's all. The best gift you can give to my brother is your care and love. That's all he ever wanted from his folk but sadly, he didn't get it. And... um... i hate to say this... well, that's why we don't... i mean, he doesn't believe anyone can love him genuinely. He has everything... i know him very well. He won't value anything you buy as gift but this one, he will definitely cherish throughout his entire life. So, while you both are over there, make sure you guys have a field day and make it a memorable one. Period!" Soji stared into my eyes as if he was giving me a lecture or a stern warning.

I swallowed hard and said:

"I'll keep that in mind and don't you worry, your brother will be in good hands."

"He better be in good hands or else, this city won't contain you and i. If you dare hurt him while you're over there, i will hunt you down. Even if it means digging every hole in this nation to find you, If you like hide in a sewage, i will find you and only God can help you that day." Soji threathened, still glaring into my eyes intensely which made me cringe.

"Haba! What's up with the aggressive tone and threat?! That's unnecessary! Must you always exhibit your animalistic traits everywhere you go? Can't you just act like a normal human being for once and be a gentleman? At least, if you're not a gentleman, pretend to be one." Lola retorted, smacking Soji slightly on his back.

"Lola, you know, smacking me like that is very disrespectful. It's become a habit for you. It's so uncouth! You either smack my head or my back as if i'm your child. Don't you have any form of respect?" Soji tilted his head and glared at Lola.

"Eiish! Give me a break, pleeeaase. Mmh, uncouth my foot!... you better don't look at me that way. It's creepy... it doesn't suit you at all. You and your brother are always all about respect. Respect, respect, respect! If you want me to respect you, then respect yourself! You better relax and chill out before you break out with gray hair all over. Old man!" Lola teased rolling her eyes at Soji.