Chapter 10

Ola's POV

I suddenly found my voice:

"Yeh!! Egba mi! Se mo nlala?! Ki lo kolu mi?! Ki lo sele nisi nsi?...am i in a fucking dream?"

I was transfixed. I watched as this mystery girl got into Lola's car even after I had clearly stated that I may manhandle her if she did.

I saw her stern look as they drove away. Damn! She looked pretty, glaring at me like that. It took me a while to compose myself and snap back to reality.

I noticed the crowd still hanging around and their presence drove my anger to the edge.

"Hey! What y'all looking at?" I yelled.

"The show is over, get the hell out of here!!" I shouted at them as I gestured to them to leave.

My eyes still hurt as hell and my face, I could feel it burn. That girl is feisty!! She has quite a temper! I was trying to have a civil talk with her and she did this to me.

As the crowd dispersed, I slowly walked to my car. I wasn't even in the right frame of mind to drive. My eyes still hurt so bad, it was a bit difficult to see.

"Damn that rat of a girl! Just wait till I get my hands on you. You are so gone! Damit!" I yelled slightly as I honked by mistake

"She had the effrontery to insult me in front of a crowd! She dared walk out on me! Na Me ooo?! Shey na me this girl yeye like say I be one small pikin? Omo, this girl don enter one chance, aswear!" I said as I pulled out my phone to call Soji.

(P.S: "...Na Me ooo?! Shey na me this girl yeye like say i be one small pikin? Omo, this girl don enter one chance, aswear!"...

Nigerian Pidgin English which means:

"Is it me?! Am I the one this girl rubbished/ belittled like a child? I swear, this girl has fallen into my trap!")

I heard Soji's voice over my phone just as I was done muttering.

"Hey, sup bro? Na who dey yeye you for there?" Soji said.

(P.S: "Hey, sup bro, na who dey yeye you for there?"

Nigerian Pidgin English which means:

"Hey, WhatsUp brother, Who is belittling you over there?")

"Bro, you busy?" I asked, not minding his question.

"Emmm, nope. Why?"

"Guy, abeg, I need you to come pick me up before I go blind. I can't drive. I need to get checked at the clinic fast. Yeah?"

(P.S: "...abeg..." means "...please...")

"What the heck happened?!" Soji replied as I heard him panic.

When you get here, I'll give you the details. Meanwhile, get here as fast as you can. My eyes hurt as hell." I pleaded.

"Sure!" Soji said quickly and hung up.

I can't believe I'm in this state! This girl is mean. The pain I'm going through is indescribable.

"Ahhh!" I cried out in pain as I felt the sting on my face and eyes.

"God, let me recover from this pain. I swear, I will frustrate that maniac. Just wait and see." I muttered.

A few minutes later, I saw Soji pulling up into the car park. I didn't even wait for him to park his car. I jumped out, shut my car with its key button and I ran to meet up with him.