Twelve

A/N - I know that canonically there is a rule that boys can't go into girls dorms. However I think that rule is stupid and sexist so I decided to get rid of it.  

Regulus

The Gryffindor common room was almost exactly like how he thought it would be. The entire room was engulfed in red and gold from the carpet to the ceiling. Different posters, notices, photographs and random carvings of initials covered the walls. It reminded him of his brothers bedroom back home, minus the bikini-clad muggles. 

"Come on." Betsy grabbed his arm and pulled him towards a set of stairs that he presumed led to the dorms. He pulled back slightly. "You can stay here if you want. I'll be quick." He was going to let her just go up herself before he noticed the odd looks he was getting from some of the Gryffindors that were loitering around. 

"No, it's fine, I'll come up." He followed behind her up the stairs for what seemed like ages, till she finally stopped outside a door. She unlocked it before ushering him past her into the room. 

Four beds sat in the room, one in each corner. Betsy made her way past him over to the one in the top left corner. The wall around her bed was covered, much like the common room walls, in photographs and news articles from both muggle and wizard newspapers. He came and stood next to Betsy, who was now rummaging through her trunk that sat at the end of her bed. Something orange and furry jumped up from its position on her pillows and made its way over to greet them. 

"Hi Crookshanks." Betsy greeted the cat. It made its way over to Regulus and jumped down from the bed to wrap itself round his leg. He bent down to stroke its back.

"He likes you." Betsy told him. "It normally takes him a while to get used to people. He still doesn't really like Sirius." 

He couldn't help but feel proud over the fact that the cat had taken a liking to him quicker than his brother.

"Oh, before I forget." She held up his jacket that she had borrowed the night before. "You left before I could give it back to you."

"Oh yeah, thanks, sorry I ran into Elora and-"

"It's alright Black." She laughed, cutting him off. "You don't mind if I get changed quickly do you?" She asked, she nodded her head slightly towards a door that stood on the opposite side of the room, he presumed it was the bathroom. 

"Not at all, go ahead." She grabbed some clothes from the dresser at the side of her bed and headed into the bathroom. 

He sat on the edge of her bed, Crookshanks curling up beside him, and began to read some of the news articles she had hung up. Many of the muggle ones were to do with feminist movements, he had heard about them since he lived in London where many protests had taken place. The wizard ones were mainly about different Quidditch teams and players. One of the daily prophet articles stuck out to him in particular, it was one about how werewolves could now go to St. Mungo's in order to get healthcare. He was slightly confused as to why she had that news article up on her wall considering she was not, to his knowledge, a werewolf however he just shrugged it off. Surrounding the news articles were different photos of Betsy and her friends. His eye was drawn to one that had Sirius sat on a couch with Betsy sat beneath him a book open in her lap, Sirius was braiding a section of Betsy's hair and when the camera flashed they both looked up at the camera and whoever it was that was taking the photo obviously said something funny as they both laughed before the image replayed. There was one that consisted of Peter and Betsy, they were both walking through, what looked like, a woods. Betsy was holding the camera with Peter a bit behind her, she appeared to say his name and he looked at the camera and smiled before tripping over a root that was sticking out of the ground. Another one had James, Betsy and their parents. He had seen Euphemia and Fleamont at many of the ministry events that his parents made him go to. They were obviously going to one of these events considering how fancy they were all dressed. James and Fleamont were both wearing suits whilst Euphemia and Betsy were wearing long, flowing dresses. Betsy's was a periwinkle blue and was off the shoulder, with small blue flowers climbing over the bodice.