Untitled Part 2

Aniruddh had started writing in it after Saurabh's death.

Bondita had once asked him what he used to write in his diary, and he had solemnly replied,

"Jo baatien mien apne dost se kehta, woh sab abh apni diary se kehta hun."

Bondita had felt a lump of tears clogging in her throat on hearing this. She remembered that she had offered him to confide in her from then on, and consider her as his friend,

but he had just smiled and ruffled her hair in response.

Bondita had never touched his diary as she believed that it represented a sacred bond of friendship between her pati babu and Saurabh jamai babu.

But now, Manorama was handing his diary to her and was telling her that it contained all her answers.

Her heart beating fast, with shivering hands, Bondita held the diary from Manorama's hand.

Nodding in approval, Manorama then showed her an empty cottage nearby.

"Tum yeh lantern aur diary lou aur jaa ker isko padho. Mien tumhara baahir intizar kerun gy." She said.

Accepting this chance to finally peep into her pati babu's hidden world, with more accelerated heart beats, she opened the first page of his diary...

"Aaj mein buht khush hun. Jante ho kyun? kyunki meri Bondita class mien first ayi hai.

Oh my God!! You won't believe ke woh kitni ziada intelligent hai.

Mien tou uss ki baatein sunnay ke liye har waqt bechain hota hun. Woh baatein hi itni achi kerty hai.

Aur sab se mazay ki baat... tum tou mera ghussa jante hi ho... jahan mere ghussay ke agay koi theher nahi paata, Kaka tak nahi, wahin woh chhoti si Bondita kuch aisa kehty ya kerty hai, ke mien aik damm shaant hojata hun.

Mujhe Bondita se baatien kerna aur uss ki baatien sunna buht acha lagta hai."

Tears were rolling down her cheeks but she was unaware of them.

Completely engrossed in his diary, she turned to the next page...and then next...and then next...

All the pages had his accounts about HER.

It seemed as if all Aniruddh ever wanted to talk to Saurabh or a confidante friend was about his Bondita.

His words echoed how much he was proud of her, and how happy she used to make him.

Turning pages, she came to the point when her menstruation had started and she had begun avoiding Aniruddh under the influence of different misconceptions.

"Pata nahi kia hogya hai meri Bondita ko. Kamray se nahi nikal rahy, mujhse baat nahi ker rahy... school bhi nahi ja rhy. Mien baar baar pooch raha hun mager woh mujhe kuch bata hi nahi rahy hai.

Theek hai, humari narazgi chal rhy hai, mager itna bhi kia?

Usay kyun samajh nahi aarha hai ke mien uss se baat kerne ke liye kitna bechain hun?

Usay kyun meri taklif nazar aarhy?

Ohhh God!! Whats wrong with her? Why is she behaving like that?"

For an entire month after this entry, all his entries were about similar questions.

He was worried sick for her...

He was so upset that Bondita felt as if his heart was breaking while writing those words.

He clearly missed her so much.