Jealousy (AU): GN Hange x F Reader

A/N: I should be studying for my test but I'm writing Hange oneshots instead. So here is a request for when reader gets jealous because someone else is flirting with Hange. I literally just finished writing this minutes ago so it might have a lot of mistakes haha

You sighed, glancing at the clock that was on your wall. Hange was two hours late. Again. It had been forever since the two of you had been able to go out on a date together, since Hange was always busy with their lab work and you spent most of your day doing (insert your job). Spending quality time together had become a scarcity.

The door to your apartment burst open and Hange rushed in, looking worried. Their eyes darted around, landing on yours, and their expression changed into an apologetic one.

"(Y/N)! I am so sorry," Hange threw off their coat and rushed to the sofa to sit next to you. "I don't even know where the time flew by, I was just working on some new lab samples and I glanced at the clock one second and two hours flew by and I—"

"Hange," you sighed, placing a hand on their arm. "I get it. You were busy. You lost track of time. Like usual."

Hange grabbed your hand and gripped it tight, their brown eyes wide and sorrowful behind their glasses. "Are you mad at me? I know you made reservations; we could still get there if we hurried?"

"The reservations had an hour wait limit. We can't go to the restaurant anymore," you looked down at the dress you had changed into and smoothed out one of the wrinkles. "Maybe another day?"

Hange chewed on their bottom lip, looking at you anxiously. "I'm sorry."

"I know, babe," you patted their hand and stood up. "I'll go get changed, There's some leftovers in the fridge if you're hungry."

Hange looked thoughtful for a second before their expression brightened. "Why don't we go out to a different place? The night is still young!"

"It's almost nine," You raised an eyebrow. "What place will be open and taking reservations?"

"Not a formal restaurant," Hange got up and looped their arms around your waist. "Maybe we could go to a bar and grab some drinks? Do some dancing?"

You couldn't help but let out a small smile when you noticed Hange's excited expression. "A bar?"

"Yep! And you look so pretty in that outfit, I can't let you change yet," Hange grinned.

"Fine. I guess we could go to a bar. Go get changed and take a shower, you smell like chemicals," you wrinkled your nose and playfully shoved Hange towards the bathroom.

"I'll be out in five minutes! We'll have so much fun!"

~~~~~

"This is the bar you were talking about?" You raised your eyebrows looking around the dark establishment.

"Yes! I used to come here back when I was a student. The drinks are amazing, come let's order something!" Hange tugged you towards the bartender and they sat on the stool.

"Can I get...uh...what's good here?" You asked Hange.

Hange ordered for the both of you and you sat next to them, glancing over the dark walls and the people milling about. Some were on the floor dancing to a fast song that was playing over the speakers. Others were chatting and laughing, their faces flushed and care-free.

"Do you like this place?" Hange asked, handing you your drink.

"It certainly has some...ambiance," you admitted taking a sip and wincing when the bitter liquid hit your throat.