Ten

As compensation for the last chapter, I'm posting this one immediately too 

Lance dodged Brick's attack, pushing his weapon away from his body by the flat of the blade. Brick was doing better, but he was still slow. Lance was sure it was because he wasn't used to fighting with a Swallow, so more training was sure to help. 

They danced around each other, Lance keeping his mind occupied so his guard was lowered. Brick swung his weapon again, this time aimed for Lance's gut. The door behind them opened and Lance looked away, towards Hunk that walked into the training room. 

The Swallow sunk deep into Lance's side while he wasn't looking, both Brick and Hunk stopped in their tracks. 

"Wow, nice hit," Lance applauded. 

"Oh my god! I stabbed you!" Brick cried out, tears forming in his eyes. He took a step back, the staff of the Swallow slipping from his grip. 

"Well don't drop it!" Lance said, being quick to grab the weapon before it made a bigger hole in his side. Blood started soaking into his shirt, dripping onto the ground. 

"Oh my god! Are you ok!?" Hunk ran forward, his voice attracting Keith who ran in too. 

"Holy shit, Lance!" Keith yelled, also joining the party. 

"You guys are so dramatic, Hunk, can you grab me a first aid kit? Brick, go tell Zeno what happened," Lance ordered, each person running off to complete their tasks. Keith ran up to Lance and tried to look at the wound, but with his shirt on it was hard to see anything. 

"Grab the weapon," Lance motioned, Keith doing so, "Pull straight back," He said next. 

"What? No! Wait until we can get you into a pod so you don't bleed out!" Keith insisted. 

"I'm not going in a pod," Lance refused. 

"You've been stabbed, Lance! You have to go in the pod!" Keith glared. 

"If you won't do it, I will," Lance muttered before grabbing the weapon from Keith and pulling it out, not so much as a grunt escaping his lips. He threw the Swallow to the side, quickly taking off his shirt so he could see the wound. Keith was quick to put his hands over the cut, applying pressure to stop the bleeding. Lance raised an eyebrow at him. 

"At least buy me a drink first," He laughed. 

"Now's not the time!" Keith yelled, causing Lance to laugh harder. It was at that moment that Zeno calmly walked into the room with Brick on his heels. He took in the scene in front of him, Lance shirtless with Keith's hand pressed against his abs. 

"Should I come back later, orrr..." He drew out, pointing his thumb behind him. 

"Tell him he needs to get in a pod!" Keith yelled. 

"I'm not getting in a pod!" Lance yelled back.

"Yeah, if he doesn't want a pod then no can do," Zeno shrugged. Before Keith could question his response, Hunk shoulder checked Zeno in his rush to get the entire emergency cart to Lance, the supplies including anything between the defibrillator, and bone saws. He wheeled the cart next to Lance, nervously shifting his weight as Lance looked at the tools. 

His hand reached out and pulled a plain first aid kit from the bundle of supplies, the basic tools being all he needed. He started towards the bench off to the side of the room, causing Keith to stumble in his attempt to keep applying pressure. He sat down hard on the bench, opening the kit and pulling out a needle and surgical thread. Lance pushed Keith's hand away, looking down at the injury with some difficulty. He thoroughly cleaned the wound, wiping the blood away so everyone could see just how deep the Swallow sunk into his side.