Level 2

"So there are 2 controllers anyone up for a game?" Callum asked while shaking the 2 controllers slowly nonchalantly in the air.

As much as Nova hated to admit she'd never actually played a video game before, she had always been so focused on defeating the Renegades and training that she had never had the time to take breaks and have time to herself.

Adrian on the other hand... was an "obsessive gamer" on Call of Duty he is a total pro at shooting snipers and pistols from long ranges, but in real life... that is nowhere near the case.

Callum surprisingly doesn't do a lot of gaming, of course he enjoys the occasional gaming session, but nothing too hardcore. He was elated when he found the console because 1, he could practically see the boredom written on Nova's face and 2, he forgot to tell Nova and Snapshot that he had to leave early, so keeping them distracted was his plan for escape.

"Sure, I'll give it a try" Adrian said holding out his hand to grab a controller.

"You two have fun, I have work to do." Nova responded.

She didn't actually have any work to do, she just didn't want to face defeat.

"Oh come on Nova, you know you want to.... you're just afraid of losing" Callum taunted.

"Nova, you don't have to worry about losing I've never played on this kind of console before so we'll both be newbies." Adrien smiled.

Nova was going down!

"Fine one round, but you have to take it easy on me." Nova said cautiously.

"So you guys have two options, attack on Gatlon or a Villain's revenge, what one do you guys want?" Callum asked.

"A villain's revenge sounds good, what do you think Nova?" Adrian asked.

"I mean, sure lets give it a try." Nova answered.

It didn't matter what they picked, Nova had to mentally prepare herself for defeat.

"Okay have fun you two... I'll be out.. cleaning more shelves... bye." Callum added before scurrying away.

"Ready?" Adrian asked.

"Ready." Nova confirmed.

Adrian walked up onto the console to put the disc in, when the disc was in he closed the hatch and walked back towards Nova.

"Well it looks like you're player 1 so, here press start choose your character and ready up." Adrian told Nova.

Nova pressed start, and was about to choose her character when she noticed something weird, all of the characters were Renegades, newer Renegades. Even she was on there, but there were also characters that were faded grey including lady Indomitable.

"Adrian, what is this?" Nova asked, getting a little freaked out.

"Oh, don't worry someone must have recently updated it, have you chosen yet?" Adrian asked.

Adrian chose to be himself, and his weapon was a pen.

"Way to be original Adrian, and no I haven't chosen yet." Nova told him.

After some contemplating Nova picked herself and she chose her weapon to be a shock wave gun.

"Okay, now ready up and we'll be good to go." Adrian told her while taking a seat on the floor.

Nova readied up.

Adrian readied up.

All of a sudden there was loud thunder and light flashing out of the console.

Nova and Adrian immediately jumped to their feet.

They turn to run away, when all of a sudden their feet start to disappear into tiny blue and red pixels. Their feet begin to fade away with the pixels as they start to move up their legs.

"Adrian, what's happening!" Nova asked, she looked over to Adrian whose face was etched and mirrored with the same concern.

"I don't know, but I say this in a movie once, you chose to be yourself right?" He yelled over the thunder.

"Yeah, but what has that got to do with anything, we are literally fading away." Nova yelled.

"Nova we getting sent into the video game." Adrian told her.

Nova felt a warm tear trickle down her cheek as she watched Adrian fully disappear with the pixels flowing into the video game console. She held her breath as the pixels reached her chin, and her cheeks, before nothing was left.

Thanks Callum.

Sorry that it took me so long to update.

-Willow