Level 3

Nova's POV

I was there again.

It was my 6th birthday party.

Everyone was there.

My Mom.

My Dad.

Evie.

Uncle Alec.

My parents couldn't afford to buy me a cake, they spent the remainder of their money on diapers for Evie, so my father made me my present from scratch.

It was golden charm bracelet.

I loved it so much.

Their was a total of five charms on it.

An elephant, an arrow, a heart, a ladybug and a key.

I was never told what they meant, my father always just told me that i'll find out when I'm older, and to be careful not to lose it.

I wore it every day, until I forgot it behind when Ace took me away.

I tried to go back and find it a few times but, after a while I just gave up, Ace took notice of its absence, and gave me a different bracelet my father made me, the one I wear today.

My thought shift back to my father, and the way he was always able to create something out of nothing, just like how he raised me to be.

Smart, kind, stubborn and sarcastic.

"Nova"

Dad?

"Nova", he repeats.

What?

"Nova!

I bolt awake to find Adrian kneeling beside me with his hand on my shoulder, and concern in his eyes.

He has a scratch under his eye and a small cut on his arm.

"What happened are you ok?" I examine him.

"Yeah I'm fine, it's just.... it's just-"

"It's just?"

"You weren't waking up, you scared me a little bit, i'm sorry."

"It's fine." I reply while rubbing my eyes.

I slowly pull myself to my feet, still dizzy from the journey. Once on my feet I start to examine my surrounding. We were surrounded by large boulders and pine trees.

The breeze was chilled, and it the enviroment smelled strongly of sap and pine needles.

"Ok, first things first," I reply while looking around, "water".

"Why water?" Adrian replys.

I raise an eyebrow at him, "Have you never watched the hunger games, sure Katniss could have hollowed out a tree or something first, but no she made sure that she had a suitable water supply," I replied.

"Ok... well it think it's goig to rain anyways, the clouds are turning grey, so maybe we shou;d just go ahead and make a shelter?" He says.

"Fine, but if you dehydrate that'son you." I tell him while turning around to look for some old branches.

After about 15 minuts of careful planning, and Adrian tripping over 3 tree roots we end up Piling the branch over two large rocks, so that we could stay underneath of it for temporary housing.

After that I started a small fire, and i made a spear out of an old branch, something tells me I'm gonna need it.

By the time we had everything set up and I found some water Adrian was already fast asleep cuddled around my jacket and using it as a blanket.

I had barely closed my eyes, when I started to hear what sounded like a large drum.

I stand up cautiously, being careful to not wake up Adrian in the process, I carefully step ut of the branches, and smoke fills the air, I try to squint through it, until I see someone I never thought that I would see here.

My Uncle Ace...