The Quiet Nerd

Yashiro Nene, 14 years old, a freshman, and a new student at Kamome High. She never bothered to make friends, for she would move school eventually. That was until a boy named Amane approached her.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

It was a normal day for Yashiro. She'd find her way to her classroom, and sit there quietly while waiting for her teacher to arrive.

She never gets a chance to know about the school news, for she merely chatted with anyone.

When the whole class would do a group project, she would be neglected and forgotten.

But Yashiro didn't bother.

'I'll leave this school one day eventually.' Yashiro thought as she went to do her routine in her classroom, look at the flowers from the window. She chose to sit beside the window, so she could atleast have a glimpse of the outside world.

"Ah... Hello there.." Yashiro whispers as she sees a butterfly land on one of the plants close to the window.

'Hey, daikon-nerd.'

A familiar voice called out, it was a group of girls.

This was also part of Yashiro's routine, to get a handful from the popular girls in class.

'Don't even bother... She's talking to a butterfly.' whispers one of the girls from behind.

Yashiro just remained quiet.

"We need our money." the girls confronted Yashiro.

"What if I don't have your stupid money?" Yashiro answers back.

The girls scowled.

"Listen here you little brat-"

Someone cuts her off.

'Leave her alone.' someone calls out.

"Haven't you bothered that girl enough already?" asks a boy with dark, choppy hair.

Yashiro was surprised. No one has ever bothered to stand up for her in this school.

"Mind your own business, Yugi." scolds one of the girls.

"I will once you leave her alone." responds the boy.

The girls leave and go back to their seats.

Yugi then approaches Yashiro.

"Hello! My name is Yugi Amane, what's yours?" asks Amane.

Yashiro just turns away.

"That's not a nice gesture towards the person who saved you, y'know..." Amane pouts

"Th-Thanks." Yashiro mumbles.

"You got your 'Thank you'. You can leave me alone now."

But Amane doesn't give up.

"Silly, I asked for your name, not a gratitude." he smiles towards Yashiro as he leans on her desk.

Yashiro was now wide eyed. But she didn't let her guard down.

"My name's in the attendance sheet." she scowls. "Or you could call me 'Daikon-nerd'. Haven't you heard the nickname people give me now?" Yashiro faces Amane, frowning.

"Yeah, nice try. But I'm not giving up." Amane smirks.

Yashiro was now annoyed, she knew there was no point in staying quiet or else Amane wouldn't leave her alone