Chapter 15

The sun that shone through the blinds practically blinded me when I opened my eyes. I found myself on the couch, and my eyes felt all swollen and even stung a bit. I stretched my limbs and sat up from the couch. Drowsily, I looked around and saw that I was still in the living room. I rubbed my eyes again and yawned.

"You're up." Behind me, Bucky was leaning up against the archway that connected the dining room to the living room. When he spoke, I immediately remembered everything that happened last night. Everything just became very awkward for me. I just nodded and fell back into the couch. It was quiet in the house, but I could still tell that Bucky was staring at me, partly because I could see his reflection in the TV.

"When do you wanna start training?" I asked out of the blue. My voice was a little raspy and it hurt a tiny bit when I spoke because of how Bucky strangled me last night.

"We're not training today." He came over into the living room. He was still shirtless, and right below his right collarbone was dried blood.

"Did I do that?" I asked him and he nodded. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have launched at you like that."

"You shouldn't be sorry. You had every right to pierce a hole in my skin. I almost chocked the life out of you yesterday, and to top it all off, I told you I murdered your father." He says down on the opposite side of the couch I was tiring on and leaned his elbows on his legs.

"I could never kill you, by the way." I scooted closer to him and he looked in my direction. "One reason so because I've never killed anyone. I don't think I could be held responsible for ending someone's life. But the second reason: I don't know what I would do if you weren't around. You are basically my only friend now." We sat together on the couch and a comfortable silence.

"I wouldn't want to kill you either." He whispered. "I wouldn't want to have the life of another innocent person in my conscious. I already have enough and I can't remember most of them." I patted his shoulder to comfort him. He looked kid a surprised by it, but he didn't pull away.

"Don't worry. As long as I'm around, you won't have to kill anyone else. I'll keep you in check." I gave a little smile, and he just nodded and hung his head back down. His long hair covered his face, so I couldn't tell what he was thinking about at the moment. Suddenly I had an idea. I got up front when couch and took on of the ottomans so I could sit across from Bucky. "So, maybe instead of training, we get to know each other. It'll be a good way to help you remember, and we become more familiar with each other." He looked at me though his eyebrows.

"What are you, a therapist?"

"I'm whatever you need me to be. Just as long as I'm helping you." He rubbed his face with his hand then sat up straight. I have an excited little bounce. "Okay, so let's start off easy. What is your birthday?" Even though it was a simple question, it was upsetting to see that he had to think super hard on it.

"My birthday...ummm... March 11th, no, March 10th, 1917." I gave a nodded.

"Mine is May 22nd, 1992. Okay, next question, how old are you?" I immediately regretted asking him as soon as I asked. But he didn't back out. It took him a few minutes to think it over and do the math, but he was able to figure it out.

         "Well, uhhh, I 'died' in 1945, so I was 25...26 then? And then Hydra took me in and out of cryofreeze so I was never really able to age. It is 2014, so right now I should be 97, but I'm still physically 26." I was actually proud that he was able to figure all that out.

        "Well, I was born in 1992, so I'm currently 22 right now. Do you have any siblings, that you remember?" I leaned his chest on his fist and thought about it.