Chapter 34

"How long would you say it's been, since Stark visited?" I paced back and forth in my cell, stepping over my chains when I had to and not looking at Wanda.

"I would say...four hours. Why? You expecting someone?" I shook my head, but I could feel the anxiety rise in me.

"No it's just. I hope everything is okay where they are at. With the backup being there and all. And those super soldiers. What do they didn't stop them in time and..."

"Clara," Wanda cut me off. "Steve and his backup have faced aliens and robots. I don't think super soldiers will be a problem." I nodded, trying to accept that what Wanda was saying was true. We had to resort to calling Stark something else since the government is listening in on our conversations and we couldn't say they were in Siberia because that would give them away.

"I guess that's true. I'm just still not comfortable with the whole idea. Anything could be happening right now... I just hope..." a loud click front where entrance of the prison followed by the familiar low rumbling of the metal door opening snapped and Wanda's attention away from each other and to the door. We shut our mouths immediately and waited to see who was coming through. I stood in my cell, my arms crossed, and looked out into the middle of the prison. A guard came into view and stood in front of my cell. I felt a pit in my stomach grow instantly. They are gonna take me. The government... Another loud click rang through the cell and the door slid open. The guard, still standing there, held a baton out at me. He glared down at me and I felt as if I had gotten smaller and smaller the longer he stared at me.

        "Prisoner 046." On cue, the giant metal cuffs dropped off my wrists and ankles, but I still had the shock collar or my neck. Even though I wouldn't do anything anyway, the guard came in a put cuffs on my hands, then shoved me out of the cell. "You are to be removed from The Raft and brought to another  prison for more examination." He harshly jabbed me in the side with the stick, and the tip of the baton went directly into the chunk of skin that was missing. I gritted my teeth as the pain shot up my side, and I almost fell over front when pain. Goddamn it! I took in a few deep breaths to recover from the pain, and the guard poked me again with his stick, but this time in the back. I looked back at Wanda, who was still sitting on the ground. The guard jabbed me again. "Eyes forward." He said in a low, gruff voice. I wish I could've at least wished Wanda luck...or said goodbye. I don't know when I'll see her again. We passed the heavy metal door, and I heard it roll close, and the guard led me down an empty hallway to an elevator. We stood there in silence as we waited for the elevator doors to open.

       "Where...where are you taking me?" I asked in a soft, scared voice. I looked up at him, and he kept his gaze towards the elevator doors. He kept the tip of his baton pressed on the middle my back the entire time.

       "You'll find out soon enough." There was a low ding and the guard pushed me into the elevator, causing me to stumble a bit. We both stepped into the elevator and he pressed the very top button.

         "Are...are you gonna experiment on me? I can tell you right now that I never wanted any of this. And you probably have done your research and saw my mom was Hydra, but I swear I had no part in her plan and...." he jabbed the baton into my spine, and I jumped up a bit.

         "Shut it!" It was quiet the rest of the way up. My side had started to hurt again, and I looked down at my side to see a little bit of red staining the light blue prison garments, turning it a very dark purplish-black color. I looked back and watched the numbers of the elevator change until we reached the top floor, and the doors slid open. To my astonishment, there was no one on the floor, when the doors opened. The entire floor was completely empty. "Come On! Move it!" He shoved me out of the elevator and he guided me around the floor.