Chapter 2

Waking up the next morning, Sasuke couldn't shake this feeling. Something wasn't right. He had a feeling in the pit of his stomach that just did not sit right.

He had a terrible dream that something bad happened to Naruto. Although he couldn't remember what the details. All he knew is that he needed to apologize to his friend and patch things up ASAP.

Rushing through his morning routine, he decided to get to school a little early. He was hoping to catch the blond sunshine walking to school. They didn't live terribly far from one another so they usually met up halfway to school.

About the halfway point between both of their houses, Sasuke felt a chill go down his spine. He looked across the street to see the street sign bent at an angle and tire marks in the patch of grass. 'Must have been a bad accident last night'

He shook the thought and waited for the crosswalk signal. When the signal turned, he began to cross the street. Walking closer to the bent sign, he felt the knot in his stomach turn again. Looking away from the sign, he caught a glimpse of the blond he was hoping to see.

"Naruto!" He called out and took a step towards the blond. The wind blew as there was no response. Sasuke realized Naruto wasn't there. He sighed and headed back towards the school.

'He is probably avoiding me and went another way..'

Sasuke walked to the doors of the school and pushed them open. He was early so there were not a lot of kids at the school just yet. Walking to his locker, he noticed a blond blur in the corner of his eye.

Hoping it was Naruto, Sasuke followed the blur in the bathroom. 'He can't run from me there' Sasuke was set on his plan to corner the boy. He walked into the bathroom and called out Naruto's name. "Naruto. I know you're in here. We need to talk."

Silence.

Sasuke was growing impatient. He tried to keep his cool as he realized that he was the one who crossed the line in the first place. He sighed. "Fine. When you're ready to talk, you know where to find me." Sasuke called back as he left the restroom.

He headed back to his locker and gathered his books for the first couple classes. Naruto's locker was next to his but they didn't have all of the same classes. He wouldn't see Naruto until their third class, then at lunch, and for their final two classes of the day.

Sasuke shut his locker and stared at the blond's. He still had this gut turning feeling in his stomach that he just couldn't shake. He tried to ignore it, guessing it was just him being nervous from such a serious fight.

He headed to his home room class where students were now starting to gather. He took his seat by the window and stared out of it. He was still trying to figure out what to say to his friend. He was never good at showing his emotions, let alone apologizing for something.

During any of their other fights, Naruto was always the one to break the silence. Naruto had always been the one to call first or slam his hands on Sasuke's desk and glare at him until Sasuke said something. This time was different. There was no phone call and Naruto was clearly avoiding Sasuke.

Staring out the window in thought, Sasuke never heard the bell. It wasn't until his home room teacher was calling his name for the fourth time, that he snapped out of his thoughts.

"SASUKE!" Kakashi had grown annoyed at the lack of response. Sasuke looked over at the silver haired teacher and stared at him blankly.

"Thank you for joining us today.." he said with a sarcastic tone. "Now as I was saying.." and he continued on with the morning news for the school. Sasuke still wasn't paying attention, but he faced Kakashi's direction so he wouldn't get yelled at again.